Take a "First Look" at 15 Steps: Farm-to-table eats at the Eden Roc
The Eden Roc’s 15 Steps carries on its predecessor’s farm-to-table ethos
Eden Roc Miami Beach
4252 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The who: Chef Jeremy Ford presents a "farm fresh" menu featuring dishes sourced from the Eden Roc’s on-site organic garden. Ford replaced 1500° chef Paula DaSilva, who returned to 3030 Ocean at the Harbor Beach Marriott in Fort Lauderdale, and the restaurant was rebranded 15 Steps.
The space: The sophisticated spot still mixes rustic elegance with the Deco hotel’s Rat Pack-era vibe. The open kitchen is flanked a by long communal table, picnic benches and oversized Alice in Wonderland white leather chairs.
Valet: Is $5 with restaurant validation.
The dishes: American cuisine with an emphasis on farm-to-table ingredients. Portions are generous but prices have crept up: Starters average $14, mains $28-$68 and sides $10. There is a $39 three-course chef’s menu.
The house-made charcuterie board combines smoked duck breast, guanciale, duck rillettes, crispy pork ears, Irish porter cheese, cranberry chutney and Hudson Valley foie torchon. Other starters include saltwater-poached Atlantic wahoo with Meyer lemon shishito vinaigrette; Swank Farm kale and roasted heirloom carrot salad; black truffle gnocchi with braised pork shank, and shrimp and grits with Benton’s ham. Fish dishes include grilled branzino with chanterelle mushroom risotto, radish and vincotto vinegar.
Desserts include Florida grapefruit soup with tarragon sorbet and orange ice cube.
The bottom line: The Eden Roc’s 15 Steps carries on its predecessor’s farm-to-table ethos.
- OTC is now Golden Fig with farm-fresh eats
- r+d pop up by jugofresh wants to feed you veggies
- Stephen Starr's The Continental is a Retro Diner in South Beach
- Sugarloaf brings craft cocktails and a Wynwood-y vibe to Sunny Isles
- Michelin-level Momo Sushi pops up at the Mondrian
- Crust brings pizza and late-night delivery to the Miami River
- 9Beach is a lounge/restaurant/bar hailing from the Holy Land
- Small plates and alfresco vibes at Deck Sixteen
- Outrageous desserts and American classics at Sugar Factory
- Red Ginger rolls sushi and izakaya small plates in SoFi