Take Hope Against Cancer
Music, Cocktails, and a fashion show - all for a good cause. It all takes place this Friday at the Setai.
2001 Collins Avenue
By Mary Jo Almeida-Shore
Take Hope Against Cancer brings together Miami’s elite for a fabulous night of fashion, music and cocktails at the Setai on Friday, November 13, for Fashion For Hope, a cocktail featuring an exclusive runway presentation of emerging designer, Alexis,’ Resort and Spring/Summer 2010 collection, featuring avant-garde accessories by Chrome Hearts.
DJ Rascal will provide the beats, as guests enjoy a cocktail reception and bid on silent auction items. Proceeds will benefit cancer research. The party starts at 8 p.m. and costs $100 and includes complimentary vodka cocktails for the first three hours, hors d’ oeuvres, and a gift bag. Capacity is limited. For more information, please contact Cristy Busta at 305 724-8639 or go to www.takehope.org.
See and Do
- Flamenco legend Antonio Canales performs with 'Siudy Between Worlds' at the Arsht Center
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos
- Copperbridge festival of Cuban culture in Miami offers engagement with island artists