Synchronized Swimming: The Pursuit of Excellence
The Wolfsonian-FIU screens synchronized swimming documentary.
I haven't seen Synchronized Swimming: The Pursuit of Excellence, but this is the kind of oddball ephemera that makes for great documentary. That it is screening at the Wolf suggests it's a solid film (the museum's film series is a little-known jewel). That most of us know nothing about the sport of synchronized swimming and there are worse ways to spend an hour than watching soaking wet Aquamaids (of the Santa Clara Aquamaids) ply their craft seems reason enough to watch. And since admission is free, if it's no good, you can always walk out and find yourself smack in the middle of South Beach.
Showtimes Thursday, September 17, 2pm and 7pm
1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
Admission is free
- 9 movies that will scare your pants off at the Popcorn Frights Film Festival
- 5 Movies Worth Seeing and 3 to Avoid During Memorial Day Weekend
- Letting the good times roll in 'Everybody Wants Some!!' (R)
- Hank Williams biopic ‘I Saw The Light (R)’ falls flat
- What if the 2016 Oscar-nominated movies took place in Miami?
- Father doesn't always know best in 'The Clan' (R)
- 'Rock the Kasbah' (R)
- 'Pan' (PG)
- 'He Named Me Malala' (PG-13)
- 'Freeheld' (PG-13)