Sybarite5 fuses classical with modern sound
Eclectic group performs in Miami.
Sybarite5, an eclectic string quintet, will be opening this Friday and Saturday at The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center Cabaret series. The show will take place in the black box and will include other acts and performances.
This quintet is known for its dynamic variety of style from playing classics by Mozart to edgier pieces by Radiohead.
The group is currently on their US tour after releasing Everything in its Right Place, an album filled with string versions of Radiohead songs.
The clever name "Sybarite5" derives from the luxurious and hedonistic inhibitors of the city Sybaris who would lure their enemies with music.
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 the day of the show and can be bought online at www.smdcac.org.
Music in Miami
- 2015 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Rec Room Turns Up with DJ Craze Friday, May 15
- Win Tickets to See andhim at Treehouse on Thursday, May 14
- Rico Love Launches New Album at E11EVEN Wednesday, May 13
- Serge Devant Talks Club Culture in the U.S.
- Action Bronson Takes Tour to Grand Central on Friday, May 8
- Kölsch takes over Treehouse Friday, May 8
- Indie-rock heroes The Pixies reassemble to perform at SunFest
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture hosts Serge Devant April 24