Sybarite5 fuses classical with modern sound
Eclectic group performs in Miami.
Sybarite5, an eclectic string quintet, will be opening this Friday and Saturday at The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center Cabaret series. The show will take place in the black box and will include other acts and performances.
This quintet is known for its dynamic variety of style from playing classics by Mozart to edgier pieces by Radiohead.
The group is currently on their US tour after releasing Everything in its Right Place, an album filled with string versions of Radiohead songs.
The clever name "Sybarite5" derives from the luxurious and hedonistic inhibitors of the city Sybaris who would lure their enemies with music.
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 the day of the show and can be bought online at www.smdcac.org.
Music in Miami
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Jack White to play Fillmore Miami Beach in September
- 2014 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Review: Romeo Santos seduces Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena concert
- Review: Morrissey shows his talents remain in fine form at sold-out concert at Arsht Center
- Neon Trees performs in South Florida
- Review: Lady Antebellum swoons crowd at Seminole Hard Rock concert
- Indie-rockers The Head and The Heart in Miami
- Il Divo brings Broadway to Miami
- Puerto Rican reggaetoneros Alexis y Fido mentor emerging artists during Billboard Latin Music Conference