Sybarite5 fuses classical with modern sound
Eclectic group performs in Miami.
Sybarite5, an eclectic string quintet, will be opening this Friday and Saturday at The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center Cabaret series. The show will take place in the black box and will include other acts and performances.
This quintet is known for its dynamic variety of style from playing classics by Mozart to edgier pieces by Radiohead.
The group is currently on their US tour after releasing Everything in its Right Place, an album filled with string versions of Radiohead songs.
The clever name "Sybarite5" derives from the luxurious and hedonistic inhibitors of the city Sybaris who would lure their enemies with music.
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 the day of the show and can be bought online at www.smdcac.org.
Music in Miami
- Amtrac Takes Over Basement This Friday, August 28
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure
- Willy Chirino and Carlos Oliva deliver the Miami Sound this Saturday at the Arsht Center
- David Crosby performs songs old and new in Miami
- EC Twins Take Over E11EVEN for Cam Con's Official After Party
- 2015 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Best of the Best Music Fest brings dancehall, soca and reggae to Miami