Sybarite5 fuses classical with modern sound
Eclectic group performs in Miami.
Sybarite5, an eclectic string quintet, will be opening this Friday and Saturday at The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center Cabaret series. The show will take place in the black box and will include other acts and performances.
This quintet is known for its dynamic variety of style from playing classics by Mozart to edgier pieces by Radiohead.
The group is currently on their US tour after releasing Everything in its Right Place, an album filled with string versions of Radiohead songs.
The clever name "Sybarite5" derives from the luxurious and hedonistic inhibitors of the city Sybaris who would lure their enemies with music.
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 the day of the show and can be bought online at www.smdcac.org.
Music in Miami
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says
- Phil Collins unable to sing Saturday night at his foundation’s gala on Miami Beach
- The Hot Sardines bring infectious jazz sound to South Miami on Saturday
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- American Authors bring alt-rock sound to Revolution
- French chanteuse SoKo opens for Foster the People at the Fillmore Miami Beach