Sybarite5 fuses classical with modern sound
Eclectic group performs in Miami.
Sybarite5, an eclectic string quintet, will be opening this Friday and Saturday at The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center Cabaret series. The show will take place in the black box and will include other acts and performances.
This quintet is known for its dynamic variety of style from playing classics by Mozart to edgier pieces by Radiohead.
The group is currently on their US tour after releasing Everything in its Right Place, an album filled with string versions of Radiohead songs.
The clever name "Sybarite5" derives from the luxurious and hedonistic inhibitors of the city Sybaris who would lure their enemies with music.
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 the day of the show and can be bought online at www.smdcac.org.
Music in Miami
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- French chanteuse SoKo opens for Foster the People at the Fillmore Miami Beach
- Festival Miami brings jazz, classical, pop and more
- Miami-raised Austin Paul talks about III Points Festival in Wynwood
- Marc Anthony returns to Miami
- Mick Jones, Foreigner play Seminole Hard Rock Friday
- Review: Jack White’s rock-fueled show energizes Miami Beach
- Meghan Trainor is more than that ‘bass’
- Review: Erasure more than a nostalgia act during energetic dance party at Fillmore Miami Beach