Nike Swim Miami
Get your speedos on for the annual Nike Swim Miami event that's taking place this Saturday, April 17, in Key Biscayne.
City of Miami Rowing Club, Home of Swim Gym
(Adjacent to the Miami Marine Stadium)
3601 Rickenbacker Causeway
By Solange Reyner
Get your speedos on for the annual Nike Swim Miami event that's taking place this Saturday, April 17, in Key Biscayne. Miami Sports International is putting the race on - all for a good cause, of course - with swims of 800 meters (for kids 10 & under), one mile, 10K, 5K, and of course the K-9 Krawl World Championship.
You can register on race day for $100 ($20 extra if you're not a USA Swimming or US Master’s Swimming member), but you have to show up at 6 a.m. for a chance to get in the water. There's also on-site registration today until 4 p.m.
See and Do
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach
- Hialeah Park Casino celebrates one year with busy weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 15-17
- Monster truck driver Debrah Miceli proves that Monster Jam is not just a boy’s club
- Wayans brothers bring their comedy act to Seminole Hard Rock on Friday, Aug 15.
- Miami Children’s Museum debuts ‘My Green Home’ exhibit
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Olaf parties, freebie fun & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Ahmed Ahmed heads to South Florida with the 'Sullivan & Son' Comedy Tour