Nike Swim Miami
Get your speedos on for the annual Nike Swim Miami event that's taking place this Saturday, April 17, in Key Biscayne.
City of Miami Rowing Club, Home of Swim Gym
(Adjacent to the Miami Marine Stadium)
3601 Rickenbacker Causeway
By Solange Reyner
Get your speedos on for the annual Nike Swim Miami event that's taking place this Saturday, April 17, in Key Biscayne. Miami Sports International is putting the race on - all for a good cause, of course - with swims of 800 meters (for kids 10 & under), one mile, 10K, 5K, and of course the K-9 Krawl World Championship.
You can register on race day for $100 ($20 extra if you're not a USA Swimming or US Master’s Swimming member), but you have to show up at 6 a.m. for a chance to get in the water. There's also on-site registration today until 4 p.m.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami