Swankaya: Sakaya Kitchen food truck summers at the Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Sakaya Kitchen food truck will be at the Mandarin 7 days a week in August
Interesting food developments at the Mandarin Oriental, Miami that have nothing to do with Thomas Keller. Starting in August, Richard Hales' Sakaya Kitchen food truck will be on the posh premises, serving food from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week on the hotel's private beach. Hales is no stranger to the Mandarin: he once was the wine director at Azul.
“As the former wine director at Azul, I am thrilled to return to Brickell Key and Mandarin Oriental, Miami this August,” said Hales. “It’s a great opportunity to introduce hotel guests to my food truck as well as have local residents experience my cuisine in a beautiful upscale beach setting.”
500 Brickell Key Drive
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab