SWAN Spoken Soul Showcase
SWAN Spoken Soul Festival hosts its showcase this Saturday, a night of music, poetry and art.
Miami will feel a surge of feminine creativity thanks to this weekend’s SWAN Spoken Soul Festival, a gathering of women performers, artists, photographers and activists organized by actress and singer Deborah Magdalena.
The event hosts a showcase Saturday from 6-10 p.m. at the Gibson Miami Showroom (2751 N. Miami Ave., Miami) that will feature a night of entertainment by poets, singers and musicians plus an exhibit by visual artists like Nadyia Duff, who created this year’s poster (pictured); Miami native Jessica Concepcion, whose paintings capture brilliant moments in nature; Fania Castro, an artist who creates colorful tributes to femininity plus images by Brazilian photographer Gisele Magalhaes and paintings by Colombian artist Eva Ruiz.
More information at spokensoulfestival.wix.com/ssff.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami