SWAN Spoken Soul Showcase
SWAN Spoken Soul Festival hosts its showcase this Saturday, a night of music, poetry and art.
Miami will feel a surge of feminine creativity thanks to this weekend’s SWAN Spoken Soul Festival, a gathering of women performers, artists, photographers and activists organized by actress and singer Deborah Magdalena.
The event hosts a showcase Saturday from 6-10 p.m. at the Gibson Miami Showroom (2751 N. Miami Ave., Miami) that will feature a night of entertainment by poets, singers and musicians plus an exhibit by visual artists like Nadyia Duff, who created this year’s poster (pictured); Miami native Jessica Concepcion, whose paintings capture brilliant moments in nature; Fania Castro, an artist who creates colorful tributes to femininity plus images by Brazilian photographer Gisele Magalhaes and paintings by Colombian artist Eva Ruiz.
More information at spokensoulfestival.wix.com/ssff.
See and Do
- Yoga del Barrio comes to jugofresh
- Earth Day, spring parties, egg hunts and Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 11-13
- Egg hunts and photo ops for Easter 2014
- Miami Beach Gay Pride takes over South Beach this weekend
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Deering Estate Festival of the Arts offers three days of events
- Heineken TransAtlantic Festival trae excelencia rockera a Miami Beach
- Heineken Transatlantic Festival brings global sounds to Miami
- PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus