SWAN Spoken Soul Showcase
SWAN Spoken Soul Festival hosts its showcase this Saturday, a night of music, poetry and art.
Miami will feel a surge of feminine creativity thanks to this weekend’s SWAN Spoken Soul Festival, a gathering of women performers, artists, photographers and activists organized by actress and singer Deborah Magdalena.
The event hosts a showcase Saturday from 6-10 p.m. at the Gibson Miami Showroom (2751 N. Miami Ave., Miami) that will feature a night of entertainment by poets, singers and musicians plus an exhibit by visual artists like Nadyia Duff, who created this year’s poster (pictured); Miami native Jessica Concepcion, whose paintings capture brilliant moments in nature; Fania Castro, an artist who creates colorful tributes to femininity plus images by Brazilian photographer Gisele Magalhaes and paintings by Colombian artist Eva Ruiz.
More information at spokensoulfestival.wix.com/ssff.
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs