SWAN Spoken Soul Showcase
SWAN Spoken Soul Festival hosts its showcase this Saturday, a night of music, poetry and art.
Miami will feel a surge of feminine creativity thanks to this weekend’s SWAN Spoken Soul Festival, a gathering of women performers, artists, photographers and activists organized by actress and singer Deborah Magdalena.
The event hosts a showcase Saturday from 6-10 p.m. at the Gibson Miami Showroom (2751 N. Miami Ave., Miami) that will feature a night of entertainment by poets, singers and musicians plus an exhibit by visual artists like Nadyia Duff, who created this year’s poster (pictured); Miami native Jessica Concepcion, whose paintings capture brilliant moments in nature; Fania Castro, an artist who creates colorful tributes to femininity plus images by Brazilian photographer Gisele Magalhaes and paintings by Colombian artist Eva Ruiz.
More information at spokensoulfestival.wix.com/ssff.
See and Do
- Filmgate Interactive festival spotlights experimental film and performance
- Miami Events - February 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 30-Feb. 1
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 23-25
- South Florida theater season is heating up
- Fairchild's International Chocolate Festival returns
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 23-25