SWAN Spoken Soul Showcase
SWAN Spoken Soul Festival hosts its showcase this Saturday, a night of music, poetry and art.
Miami will feel a surge of feminine creativity thanks to this weekend’s SWAN Spoken Soul Festival, a gathering of women performers, artists, photographers and activists organized by actress and singer Deborah Magdalena.
The event hosts a showcase Saturday from 6-10 p.m. at the Gibson Miami Showroom (2751 N. Miami Ave., Miami) that will feature a night of entertainment by poets, singers and musicians plus an exhibit by visual artists like Nadyia Duff, who created this year’s poster (pictured); Miami native Jessica Concepcion, whose paintings capture brilliant moments in nature; Fania Castro, an artist who creates colorful tributes to femininity plus images by Brazilian photographer Gisele Magalhaes and paintings by Colombian artist Eva Ruiz.
More information at spokensoulfestival.wix.com/ssff.
See and Do
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos
- Copperbridge festival of Cuban culture in Miami offers engagement with island artists
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Food to try at Miami Dolphins home games
- Steve Martin and Martin Short bring 'A Very Stupid Conversation' to Hard Rock
- Freebie fun, cake & - Munchkin Fun Miami's top picks for the week
- Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center