Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
Five Miami bartenders compete for $5,000 award
Submissions for the 1st annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach are due Monday, July 21, 2014 by 11:59 p.m.
Svedka Vodka, one of the most popular imported vodkas in the U.S., is searching for the country's best "power mixers" to compete in the first annual "Svedka Shakedown," a one night only event in which five bartenders will endure three fast-paced rounds of mixology challenges (think impossible ingredients). The fight to win $5,000 is set for Monday, August 11 from 7 - 10 p.m. at Cecconi's Miami Beach at Soho Beach House.
After the deadline for submissions passed on Monday, July 21, a panel of judges reviewed each applicant. TheFive selections are based on the bartender's professional experience, personal characterisitcs, and the quality of the original recipe he/she turns in to chilledmagazine.com/svedkashakedown. Judges include three bartenders, Miami native Ben Potts, Jason Littrell, Ezra Pattek, as well as TV personality Alexandra Olavarria, this writer, and Vicky Aros, Brand Director for Svedka Vodka at Constellation Brands.
Svedka's name is inspired by the Swedish word "Svenska," which means, well, "Swedish," followed by "vodka."
Leo Holtzman of Cocktail Collection
Oxana Parfenova of Blackbird Ordinary
Cameron Scholderer of Zuma
Randal Perez of The Broken Shaker
Trevor Alberts of Orange Blossom
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Go Drink This: Gin & Tonic(s)
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight
- Go Drink This: Spanish-American War
- Go Drink This: Spicy Passion
- Go Drink This: Twentieth Century Cocktail
- Radio Bar in South Beach hosts complimentary monthly mixology classes
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash