Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
Five Miami bartenders compete for $5,000 award
Svedka Vodka, one of the most popular imported vodkas in the U.S., is searching for the country's best "power mixers" to compete in the first annual "Svedka Shakedown," a one night only event in which five bartenders will endure three fast-paced rounds of mixology challenges (think impossible ingredients). The fight to win $5,000 is set for Monday, August 11 from 7 - 10 p.m. at Cecconi's Miami Beach at Soho Beach House.
After the deadline for submissions passed on Monday, July 21, a panel of judges reviewed each applicant. TheFive selections are based on the bartender's professional experience, personal characterisitcs, and the quality of the original recipe he/she turns in to chilledmagazine.com/svedkashakedown. Judges include three bartenders, Miami native Ben Potts, Jason Littrell, Ezra Pattek, as well as TV personality Alexandra Olavarria, this writer, and Vicky Aros, Brand Director for Svedka Vodka at Constellation Brands.
Svedka's name is inspired by the Swedish word "Svenska," which means, well, "Swedish," followed by "vodka."
Leo Holtzman of Cocktail Collection
Oxana Parfenova of Blackbird Ordinary
Cameron Scholderer of Zuma
Randal Perez of The Broken Shaker
Trevor Alberts of Orange Blossom
Submissions for the 1st annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach are due Monday, July 21, 2014 by 11:59 p.m.
- KLIMA wants to be Miami Beach's most authentic Spanish restaurant
- LILT Lounge is much more than a hotel bar
- A splash of luxury on the Miami River
- Where to get your Octoberfest on in Miami
- A Miami Beach cocktail crawl without leaving your hotel
- 5 Miami Beach spots that take brunching to a whole new level
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar