Sustain Restaurant + Bar closes
Midtown fave suddenly shutters
Shocking developments over the weekend in the Midtown dining scene: Sustain Restaurant + Bar is no more. Wrote partner Jonathan Lazar on his Facebook page early Sunday morning: "Bittersweet Symphony. We tried our best. Some say we were pioneers. In the end, we did it our way!" Financially speaking, the restaurant just couldn't live up to its name, owner Brian Goldberg told us. "The restaurant closed over the weekend. Financially the restaurant was not sustaining itself. I want to thank our loyal customers and staff. Our food was solid and cocktails, by far, the best in town," Goldberg said. Lazar, incidentally, is outta here and heading back to New York on Wednesday, where he will be working with EET Brooklyn LLC, the partners behind Colonie in Brooklyn Heights and the newly opened Gran Electrica in DUMBO. Thanks to Miami's Restaurant Power Rankings for the heads up.
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location