Sustain Restaurant + Bar closes
Midtown fave suddenly shutters
Shocking developments over the weekend in the Midtown dining scene: Sustain Restaurant + Bar is no more. Wrote partner Jonathan Lazar on his Facebook page early Sunday morning: "Bittersweet Symphony. We tried our best. Some say we were pioneers. In the end, we did it our way!" Financially speaking, the restaurant just couldn't live up to its name, owner Brian Goldberg told us. "The restaurant closed over the weekend. Financially the restaurant was not sustaining itself. I want to thank our loyal customers and staff. Our food was solid and cocktails, by far, the best in town," Goldberg said. Lazar, incidentally, is outta here and heading back to New York on Wednesday, where he will be working with EET Brooklyn LLC, the partners behind Colonie in Brooklyn Heights and the newly opened Gran Electrica in DUMBO. Thanks to Miami's Restaurant Power Rankings for the heads up.
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood