Sustain Restaurant + Bar closes
Midtown fave suddenly shutters
Shocking developments over the weekend in the Midtown dining scene: Sustain Restaurant + Bar is no more. Wrote partner Jonathan Lazar on his Facebook page early Sunday morning: "Bittersweet Symphony. We tried our best. Some say we were pioneers. In the end, we did it our way!" Financially speaking, the restaurant just couldn't live up to its name, owner Brian Goldberg told us. "The restaurant closed over the weekend. Financially the restaurant was not sustaining itself. I want to thank our loyal customers and staff. Our food was solid and cocktails, by far, the best in town," Goldberg said. Lazar, incidentally, is outta here and heading back to New York on Wednesday, where he will be working with EET Brooklyn LLC, the partners behind Colonie in Brooklyn Heights and the newly opened Gran Electrica in DUMBO. Thanks to Miami's Restaurant Power Rankings for the heads up.
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name