Sustain Restaurant + Bar closes
Midtown fave suddenly shutters
Shocking developments over the weekend in the Midtown dining scene: Sustain Restaurant + Bar is no more. Wrote partner Jonathan Lazar on his Facebook page early Sunday morning: "Bittersweet Symphony. We tried our best. Some say we were pioneers. In the end, we did it our way!" Financially speaking, the restaurant just couldn't live up to its name, owner Brian Goldberg told us. "The restaurant closed over the weekend. Financially the restaurant was not sustaining itself. I want to thank our loyal customers and staff. Our food was solid and cocktails, by far, the best in town," Goldberg said. Lazar, incidentally, is outta here and heading back to New York on Wednesday, where he will be working with EET Brooklyn LLC, the partners behind Colonie in Brooklyn Heights and the newly opened Gran Electrica in DUMBO. Thanks to Miami's Restaurant Power Rankings for the heads up.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.