Susanne Bartsch: the ultimate party gal
She brings her hosting talents to the Delano Hotel for New Year's Eve
You could call Susanne Bartsch a club icon.
She's been on the scene since the '80s, long before South Beach became a mecca for hip-hop artists, rock stars, models and LeBron.
``It's like a child to me, and I knew it as a baby,'' she said.
The New York City promoter, known for her lavish parties at Big Apple staples like Copacabana, Bentley's and the Hudson Hotel, is hosting a star-studded New Year's Eve bash at the Delano.
The swanky spot is home to one of her favorite New Year's Eve memories.
Back in 2000, Bartsch was headlining a bash with former Miami club owner Chris Paciello but ``just before the party, he was arrested. I didn't really know anything about him so you can imagine it was a very upsetting and scary time,'' she recalled. ``All these people had bought tickets, and there was no place to go.''
Luckily, ``the Delano bailed me out, and we ended up with a sold-out event. People were outside throwing money at me, trying to get in.''
Bartsch, a full-time mom (her son Bailey, with David Barton, is 16) is in her 50s now, but don't expect her to retire anytime soon. ``I'm still waiting, but I never get tired of dancing!'' Or dressing up. From her wig that's cutely named ``Babe'' to her elaborate costumes, she enjoys the hair and makeup routine as much -- if not more than -- the soiree itself. ``It's art.''
Smiling faces at the door count, too.
``To give people a few hours to let their hair down and not worry about anything is magical.''
Susanne Bartsch's Bloody Mary New Year's Eve with appearances by Patricia Field and Joey Arias
9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 31
Delano, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-6430.
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too