Susan Kleinberg to premiere "Tierra Sin Males 3D" at Art Basel Miami
Susan Kleinberg to premiere "Tierra Sin Males 3D" at Art Basel Miami.
Susan Kleinberg’s new piece, “Tierra Sin Males 3D,” premieres at the Regal South Beach Theater, adjacent to the Miami Convention Center, Dec. 6 from 4-7 p.m.
"Tierra Sin Males," rolls, spins, fractures, always against any predictable laws of physics or gravity. The embedded image is, in fact, a highway sign near the Mexico/US border warning drivers not to hit immigrants as they flee across the road. There is a deep accompanying soundtrack. Through this perspective the tension is almost palpable, from within.
The piece was shown in its original high-definition form last year at the Palazzo Fortuny for the Venice Biennale. Admission is free, sponsored by RealD, a leading global licensor of 3D technologies. People can come in and out as they please while the video plays on a continuous loop.
Regal South Beach Cinema, 1100 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-674-6766
- Actor Jeremy Piven backs out of InterContinental Miami Hotel digital unveiling, felt image of sultry dancing woman was too risque, bad for image
- No breakfast art by Jennifer Rubell this year during Art Basel Week
- Party Patrol: Art Basel Music Edition
- Basel Blog
- Invader premieres film Art4Space during Art Basel
- Art Basel Kids Guide
- Heineken Mural Project brings beer, bikes and (of course) huge murals to Wynwood for Art Basel
- Celebrity Reflection debuts impressive art collection
- FashionArtWalls captures Wynwood’s splendor in time for Art Basel
- Tips to Navigate Art Basel Miami Beach like a veteran