Susan Kleinberg to premiere "Tierra Sin Males 3D" at Art Basel Miami
Susan Kleinberg to premiere "Tierra Sin Males 3D" at Art Basel Miami.
Susan Kleinberg’s new piece, “Tierra Sin Males 3D,” premieres at the Regal South Beach Theater, adjacent to the Miami Convention Center, Dec. 6 from 4-7 p.m.
"Tierra Sin Males," rolls, spins, fractures, always against any predictable laws of physics or gravity. The embedded image is, in fact, a highway sign near the Mexico/US border warning drivers not to hit immigrants as they flee across the road. There is a deep accompanying soundtrack. Through this perspective the tension is almost palpable, from within.
The piece was shown in its original high-definition form last year at the Palazzo Fortuny for the Venice Biennale. Admission is free, sponsored by RealD, a leading global licensor of 3D technologies. People can come in and out as they please while the video plays on a continuous loop.
Regal South Beach Cinema, 1100 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-674-6766
- Kendrick Lamar performs arty set at Faena Dome
- Miami Art Week Madness is reaching its apex, sorta
- Art Basel recap: Pasta art, Prizm highlights and the most super art show ever
- Miami Art Week: We're off to the races
- A giant head, live music at Brickell City Centre and new digs for the Rubell Family Collection
- Miami Art Week kicks off with big events at Faena Arts District
- Faena Forum takes to the streets to celebrate its grand opening just in time for Art Basel
- Art Week shows to check out at Miami's local museums
- A-Z List: Art Basel Celebrity Parties
- Women artists to look out for during Miami Art Week