Susan Kleinberg to premiere "Tierra Sin Males 3D" at Art Basel Miami
Susan Kleinberg to premiere "Tierra Sin Males 3D" at Art Basel Miami.
Susan Kleinberg’s new piece, “Tierra Sin Males 3D,” premieres at the Regal South Beach Theater, adjacent to the Miami Convention Center, Dec. 6 from 4-7 p.m.
"Tierra Sin Males," rolls, spins, fractures, always against any predictable laws of physics or gravity. The embedded image is, in fact, a highway sign near the Mexico/US border warning drivers not to hit immigrants as they flee across the road. There is a deep accompanying soundtrack. Through this perspective the tension is almost palpable, from within.
The piece was shown in its original high-definition form last year at the Palazzo Fortuny for the Venice Biennale. Admission is free, sponsored by RealD, a leading global licensor of 3D technologies. People can come in and out as they please while the video plays on a continuous loop.
Regal South Beach Cinema, 1100 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-674-6766
- Art work donated to FIU by Jorge Pérez may be forgery
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Cindy Crawford pays visit to Art Miami for debut of work in her likeness
- FAILE Brings Their Interactive Deluxx Fluxx Arcade Installation to South Beach
- De Nolet festival brings together performance art, music and Ketel One cocktails
- Wynwood-based Spinello Projects unveils exhibit in Art Basel's competitive Nova sector
- Miami muralist Krave leads team of artists to spotlight Wynwood Central during Art Basel
- KIND hosts community mural project
- Art Basel opens this week in an increasingly cultured city
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome