Summer is officially here - escape the heat at a new restaurant...
Chow Down Grill
9517 Harding Ave, Surfside
Flip Burger Bar
1699 NE 123 St, North Miami
1057 SE 1 St, Miami
PF Chang's China Bistro
11401 NW 12 St, Miami
261 SW 8 St, Miami
49 SW 11 St, Miami
2101 Coral Way, Miami
1500 Bay Rd, Miami Beach
Summer is officially here - escape the heat at a new restaurant. Here’s a quick look at a few new spaces- check our First Look column for more detailed reviews of recent openings…
- Chinese, Vietnamese and French influences mingle at Surfside’s new Chow Down Grill. The dominantly Chinese bistro features 24-hour braised beef sandwiches served on French baguettes, shrimp and ginger dumplings and Szechuan organic chicken. 9517 Harding Ave, Surfside; 305-397-8494
- Gourmet burgers arrive in North Miami this month courtesy of the 30-seat Flip Burger Bar. Emphasis is on sports (5 flat screen TVs) and alcohol (50-60 beers & wines by the glass) at the former Bocca Ristorante space. The menu covers all the basics - beef, turkey and veggie burgers, wings, hot dogs, hand-cut fries and milkshakes.
- Craving the college days? Take a trip inside SoBe’s resident dorm with a meal at The Local in the Flamingo. The Mediterranean/Latin outpost features pool views, mozzarella-stuffed meatballs, beef carpaccio paninis, sesame-seared tuna flatbreads and a college-worth cocktail selection.
- Brickell gets another dose of Mexican this season as La Lupita opens its doors. The sleek space (think tinted windows & flat screen TVs) dishes out quick, convenient Mexican classics. Come for the likes of a molcajete filled with steak, cheese, guac, tomatoes & onion; chicken or chorizo tacos; chicken fajitas; and crispy flautas.
- Dolphin Mall skews Asian this month as P.F. Chang’s China Bistro opens. The 7,100-square-foot restaurant features signature dishes form the five major regions of China – Canton, Szechwan, Shanghai, Hunan and Mongolia.
- Sushi Sake (pictured) expands its South Florida empire with a new 8th Street location. Celebrate the expansion with a feast of sushi, hibachi and/or noodle dishes and some late night dining (open till 5am on weekends). Extra bonus - $.99 sake jar Wednesdays and karaoke Thursdays.
- Peru meets Japans at Brickell’s new SuViche. Think unique maki rolls like the nut roll (shrimp, cilantro, macademia nuts, cucumber) blended with a tapas, ceviches, salads and Peruvian specialties like lomo saltado.
- Xixon brings it Spanish cuisine to a bigger, bolder space on Coral Way. It’s new location is three times the size (and a few blocks away) from its former space and combines its tapas menu with daily specials, an extensive wine list and a take-out market stocked with fresh baked pastries, cheeses and cured meats.
- Michelle Bernstein's kitchen team comes together at new Michy's
- The List: Miami's best food with Barceloneta's Juliana Gonzalez
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall