Summer Fun: Your guide to happy hours, beers and cocktails in Miami this summer
From home mixology to the best brews for the hot weather
The List: Happy Hours La Rubia at Wynwood Brewing Company
Follow these top spots on Twitter for the last #HH updates.
1. Public House (@sofipublichouse)
Happy Hour is from 5 - 8 p.m. and 3 - 5 a.m. every day of the week at Public House in the South of Fifth neighborhood. Craft beers start at $3 and cocktails are $5. Bar Snacks include $1 west coast oysters, corn dogs and beef cheek sliders. 423 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-763-8109.
2. Sunset Lounge at Mondrian South Beach (@mondriansobe)
Every Friday, Sunset Lounge hosts - midnight with $8 cocktails from 8 - 9 p.m. and $4 Miller Light till midnight.
1100 West Ave., Miami Beach; 305-514-1913.
3. Porcao Brickell (@porcaomiami)
Porcao in Brickell offers a daily “Ladies Happy Hour” during which select cocktails are $3 from 4 - 5 p.m., $4 from 5 - 7 p.m., and $5 from 7 - 8 p.m. The “Bar Bite Menu” is filled with $5 - $10 selections all day, every day. On Fridays, the “Street Side Social” boasts two for one drinks for women, select Scotch specials for gentleman and one free drink from 5 - 7 p.m. with RSVP.
901 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 855-767-2261.
4. 1930 Social Club at Lucali (@lucalimiami)
1930 Social Club by Lucali celebrates “Sunset Hour” in Sunset Harbor 5 - 7 p.m. Monday - Wednesday with cocktails starting at $5 and increasing each hour by $1.
1930 Bay Rd., Miami Beach; 305-695-4441.
5. Swine Southern Table & Bar (@swinesouthern)
Happy Hour at Swine Southern Table & Bar is from 4 - 7 p.m. with $4 beers such as Narragansett; $5 cocktails with spirits like Absolut, Beefeater, Bacardi Buffalo Trace; house red and white wine; and Swine Old Fashioned punch for $5. 2415 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 786-360-6433.
La Rubia at Wynwood Brewing Company
Hotter Than Helles ready for Miami’s weather
Cigar City Hotter Than Helles, hailing from the famed brewery in Tampa, is a lager designed for those summer days that are hotter than, well, you get it. Helles is German for light-colored and the beer is made without spices or peppers, which makes it perfect for Miami’s muggiest months. Find this brew at more than 30 locales in Miami, including Whole Foods, Total Wine & More, and Publix. cigarcitybrewing.com.
Mixology at Home
The Canton Breeze is a swoon-worthy summer cocktail featuring refreshing flavors of the tropics that are heightened by Domaine de Canton’s dynamic ginger essence. Domaine de Canton, the world’s first super-premium ginger liqueur, is beloved for being made in small batches by hand in France with fresh baby Vietnamese ginger. Despite the liqueur’s complexity, this vibrant cocktail requires little to no expertise to make at home. All you need is the DDC, dark rum and fresh pineapple juice to create the perfect summer blend.
The Canton Breeze
1 part Domaine de Canton
1 part dark rum
Splash of fresh pineapple juice
Preparation: Build on the rocks and serve
- A Miami Beach cocktail crawl without leaving your hotel
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class