Summer Art Classes
Spend your summer doing more than working on your tan. Develop your inner artiste at these artsy summer classes.
SoBe Arts offers high-level programs in music, acting, dance and musical theater for all age groups, taught by a faculty of great instructors with experience in world-class performing arts organizations including Twyla Tharp Dance, The Juilliard School, Actors Theater of Louisville and the Public Theater / New York Shakespeare Festival (NYC), all supervised by Executive Artistic Director, Carson Kievman, Ph.D. The two four-week session run June 21 till July 16 and July 19 until August 13. Tuition varies between $150-$300 per class. Private instruction is available as well.
SoBe Institute of the Arts, 2100 Washington Ave., Miami Beach;305-674-9220
MUSEUM OF ART | Fort Lauderdale
Adults looking to develop their artistic skills in various mediums will enjoy the Studio School Summer Nights of Art classes at the Museum of Art in Fort Lauderdale. The 10-week program is taught by active professional artist and art instructors and features classes in oil painting, drawing and figure drawing. Classes run from the week of June 15 until the week of August 17, each class meets weekly from 6:30 p.m. till 9 p.m. The tuition is $225-$290 per course with a $15 discount for each additional course.
Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale,One East Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-262-0239.
The Digital Wolf Lab @ The Wolfsonian–FIU will be offering Comic Kraze, a two-week summer workshop for teens ages 14-17 on the art of comics and graphic novels. The free course will be taught by well-known comic artists Jessica Abel and Caiphus Moore. The class runs from June 21-July 2.
The Wolfsonian, 1001 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-535-2684.
See and Do
- Youth Fair freebies, Parents’ Night Out, spring festivals & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Cartoonist Stephan Pastis at Books & Books on Sunday, March 16
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair: Five things we are excited about
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year