Street Food Fridays
Sixteen food trucks gather the first Friday of the month for lunchtime buffet
Street Food Fridays
April 1, 2011
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
NE 14th Street and N. Bayshore Drive (near the Arsht Center), Miami
So what’s been your excuse? Why haven’t you visited a food truck here in Miami and enjoyed some savory food?
You didn’t know where they were located? You never followed them on Twitter or Facebook to find out that afternoon’s coordinates? The truck drove away as you pulled up? You prefer packing your leftovers every day for lunch?
Well now there is no excuse – not with Street Food Fridays.
This month, on Friday, April 1, 16 of Miami’s top food trucks will be parked just east of Biscayne Boulevard at NE 14th street and N. Bayshore Dr. (near the Adrienne Arsht Center) in downtown Miami for a lunch buffet on wheels.
Sponsored by Vizcayne condo in downtown Miami, the food trucks will be stationed from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and there will be plenty of cuisine’s to choose from. The trucks include:
- Chef on 4 Wheels
- Daddy's Grill
- Divan Bakery & Coffee
- Gastro Pod
- Latin Burger and Taco
- The MexZican Gourmet
- Ms. Cheezious
- Muscle Truck
- Nacho Mama's
- Purple People Eatery
- The Red Truck
- The Rolling Stove
- Sakaya Kitchen
- Slow Food Truck
- Sugar Rush
- Sugar Yummy Mama
There will be plenty of free parking at the Miami Herald parking lots on N. Bayshore Dr. and NE 14th Street, along with giveaways and lots of tables and chairs to enjoy your lunch.
- Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz opens Wednesday in Coconut Grove
- Bazi takes South Beach eaters on an Asian culinary tour
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- LIV nightclub founder David Grutman to open Komodo restaurant in Brickell
- Tracking Miami taco joints, from South Beach to Wynwood
- Miami restaurant review: The Continental in Miami Beach is another shining star in Starr's galaxy
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74