Street Chic: Montsy Smithies
Montsy Smithies gets the romper and headband trend just right and shows that sometimes, one’s offspring can be the best accessory money can’t buy.
Meet Miamian Montsy Smithies. She gets the romper and headband trend just right and shows that sometimes, one’s offspring can be the best accessory money can’t buy.
Name: Montsy Smithies
Profession: Physical Therapist
Ethnic background: Cuban American
Spotted at: South Miami
The outfit: Forever 21 romper, wire-flower headband, Enzo Angiolini gladiator sandals and baby Sabrina.
Go-to department stores and boutiques: "I'm always looking for a good deal at Loehmann's and Saks Off Fifth," Smithies says. "I also like Scarlett boutique for special occasions because the owner is friend and knows what I like," she adds.
Must-have for summer: "I spent my last summer pregnant in long dresses and skirts, so now I’m all about short dresses, rompers and shorts while trying to stay cool," Smithies says.
Closet staples: Black jersey dresses accessorized with long necklaces and cardigans.
Biggest crime against fashion ever committed: "Pleather pants in college," she laughs.
Worst fashion faux pas: "Anytime undergarments are not left up to the imagination," she says.
Style muse: "I love Jennifer Aniston's classic simplicity," Smithies adds.
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 things you didn't know about designer Rachel Roy & her first book, "Design Your Life"
- 6 Spring 2016 Trends You Need To Try Now
- Like Father, Like Son: Le Club Swimwear
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store
- Diane von Furstenberg to Visit Books & Books and Aventura Mall