Street Chic: Melissa Martinez
Meet our latest Street Chic candidate — Melissa Martinez. She can work a faux fur like no other.
Name: Melissa Martinez
Profession: Contract Administrator
Ethnic background: Cuban American
Spotted at: South Miami
The outfit: Juicy Couture faux fur vest, Forever 21 waffle-knit shirt, Sevens jeans and Steve Madden boots.
Go-to department stores and boutiques: “I can always find a killer outfit at Neiman Marcus,” Martinez says. Other fave shopping haunts include Savvy Girl boutique, Capretto Shoes and shopbop.com.
Must-have for Fall: “I really, really want a cool leather jacket,” Martinez confesses.
Closet staple: “My little black dress, of course,” Martinez says.
Fashion faux pas: “I dislike it when women wear ill-fitting clothes — like wearing clothes that are way too tight or way too loose,” Martinez says.
Biggest self-committed crime against fashion: “I once cut my bangs way too short. It was awful!” Martinez shares.
Best fashion advice: “It's all about good accessories. Jewelry can make or break an outfit,” Martinez says.
Style muse: Madonna
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store
- Diane von Furstenberg to Visit Books & Books and Aventura Mall
- Meet Dee and Tommy Hilfiger
- Dwayne Wade to Sell Clothing for Charity
- Aventura Mall Happenings
- Fall 2014's Top Trends
- Normcore: Bland is the New Black