Street Chic: Melissa Martinez
Meet our latest Street Chic candidate — Melissa Martinez. She can work a faux fur like no other.
Name: Melissa Martinez
Profession: Contract Administrator
Ethnic background: Cuban American
Spotted at: South Miami
The outfit: Juicy Couture faux fur vest, Forever 21 waffle-knit shirt, Sevens jeans and Steve Madden boots.
Go-to department stores and boutiques: “I can always find a killer outfit at Neiman Marcus,” Martinez says. Other fave shopping haunts include Savvy Girl boutique, Capretto Shoes and shopbop.com.
Must-have for Fall: “I really, really want a cool leather jacket,” Martinez confesses.
Closet staple: “My little black dress, of course,” Martinez says.
Fashion faux pas: “I dislike it when women wear ill-fitting clothes — like wearing clothes that are way too tight or way too loose,” Martinez says.
Biggest self-committed crime against fashion: “I once cut my bangs way too short. It was awful!” Martinez shares.
Best fashion advice: “It's all about good accessories. Jewelry can make or break an outfit,” Martinez says.
Style muse: Madonna
- Major Sale at The Fontainebleau This Week
- Learn How to Sew, Miami!
- Sawgrass Mills Mall Adds More Stores!
- H&M Launches Conscious Collection in Miami
- Chanel Unveils Newly Redesigned Boutique in Bal Harbour
- Miami Fashion Week 2013
- Marilyn Monroe Collection at Macy's
- Made in Miami Hair Accessories
- Sofia Vergara's Golden Globes Look
- Cold Weather Styles According to Miami's Fashion Bloggers