Street Chic: Melissa Martinez
Meet our latest Street Chic candidate — Melissa Martinez. She can work a faux fur like no other.
Name: Melissa Martinez
Profession: Contract Administrator
Ethnic background: Cuban American
Spotted at: South Miami
The outfit: Juicy Couture faux fur vest, Forever 21 waffle-knit shirt, Sevens jeans and Steve Madden boots.
Go-to department stores and boutiques: “I can always find a killer outfit at Neiman Marcus,” Martinez says. Other fave shopping haunts include Savvy Girl boutique, Capretto Shoes and shopbop.com.
Must-have for Fall: “I really, really want a cool leather jacket,” Martinez confesses.
Closet staple: “My little black dress, of course,” Martinez says.
Fashion faux pas: “I dislike it when women wear ill-fitting clothes — like wearing clothes that are way too tight or way too loose,” Martinez says.
Biggest self-committed crime against fashion: “I once cut my bangs way too short. It was awful!” Martinez shares.
Best fashion advice: “It's all about good accessories. Jewelry can make or break an outfit,” Martinez says.
Style muse: Madonna
- Sawgrass Mills Scores More Exclusive Shops
- Ultra Cool Fashion
- Miami Dade College Offering Fashion Program
- Pantone Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid
- David Beckham Bodywear for H&M
- Sock Subscription for Men
- Backstage at Wildfox Swim Show during Miami Swim Week
- Miami Swim Week 2013 - Day 4 Recap
- Betsey Johnson unveils new swimwear at the Betsy Hotel on Miami Beach
- Urban Outfitters Opening New Store in Miami