Street Chic: Ginger Harris
Meet our latest Street Chic candidate. She's gaga for vintage and rocks the Victoria Beckham 'do like no other.
We spotted this pretty young thang at the recent CB2 opening on Lincoln Road. We loves her Victoria Beckham-esque 'do and the way she manages to masterfully mix old with new.
Name: Ginger Harris
Profession: Journalist and creator of GgGetups.com
Ethical background: “White bread,” Harris says.
Spotted at: Lincoln Road
The outfit: Vintage '70s crocheted vest, LA Made organic tunic, Romeo & Juliet Couture denim leggings, vintage '70s Italian boots, vintage belt, Forever 21 gold hoops and Louis Vuitton Speedy.
Personal style mantra: “I like mixing trends with pieces from the past. I try to anchor every outfit with a piece of vintage for uniqueness. The '50s and '70s, to me, are timeless decades chocked full of femininity,” Harris says.
Go-to department stores and boutiques: She says, “It's a toss-up between Fly Boutique, Jezebel, Forever 21 for inexpensive and Betsey Johnson for a never-fail dress. I'm also big on local designers like Tricia Fix, Lorie Lester and Teresa Mezzina.”
Current fashion obsession: “I'm absolutely in love with the over-the-top ruffles in Marc Jacob's spring line,” Harris adds. Closet staples: “When all else fails, I pull out one of my maxi dress from the '70s. You can dress them up or down to fit whatever situation,” she says.
Worst trend ever tried: “There was a portion of my fashion life when my midriff was always bare,” Harris says.
Biggest crime against fashion: “Other than white shoes, piling on trends is always a no-no. The best way to work trends is to incorporate one at a time into your own personal style, “ she advises.
Style muses: Marilyn Monroe, Dita Von Teese, Rachel Bilson and Victoria Beckham.
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 things you didn't know about designer Rachel Roy & her first book, "Design Your Life"
- 6 Spring 2016 Trends You Need To Try Now
- Like Father, Like Son: Le Club Swimwear
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store
- Diane von Furstenberg to Visit Books & Books and Aventura Mall
- Meet Dee and Tommy Hilfiger