Street Chic: Christy Cartaya
Meet Miami native Christy Cartaya. She wouldn't be caught dead in mom jeans. Find out why she's one haute mama.
Meet haute mama Christy Cartaya. She loves a tailored fit and even wears mile-high heels while chasing her tot around. Here are her stylish stats:
Name: Christy Cartaya
Ethical background: Cuban American
Profession: Co-owner The Agency Public Relations and Event Specialists
Spotted at: Neiman Marcus Coral Gables
The outfit: Joie dress, Target tights, Report Signature heels and Elaine Turner snakeskin clutch.
What are your go-to stores and boutiques? “I love Zara, Forever 21, Off 5th. I don't believe in splurging on clothes because it’s all about your shoes and your handbag,” Cartaya says.
What one item are you eyeing to purchase for winter? “Sky-high patent pumps and a new weekend bag that's baby-friendly, yet stylish,” Cartays says.
What are your closet’s staples? Cartays says, “These days, leggings are my best friend. They’re great for fall and easy to mix and match for new looks. In addition, I have a shoe obsession — the higher the heel, the better.”
What is the worst trend you ever tried? “That's a tough one. I'm all about trying new things, so I really embrace the trends — the good, the bad and the ones that just don't go away,” she says.
What is the biggest fashion faux pas in your opinion? “Ill fitting clothing. I'm all about tailoring to size,” Cartaya admits.
Who are your style muses? Rachel Bilson, Sarah Jessica, Jennifer Lopez and everyday gals.
- Miami Dade College Offering Fashion Program
- Pantone Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid
- David Beckham Bodywear for H&M
- Sock Subscription for Men
- Backstage at Wildfox Swim Show during Miami Swim Week
- Miami Swim Week 2013 - Day 4 Recap
- Betsey Johnson unveils new swimwear at the Betsy Hotel on Miami Beach
- Urban Outfitters Opening New Store in Miami
- Major Sale at The Fontainebleau This Week
- Learn How to Sew, Miami!