Street Chic: Christy Cartaya
Meet Miami native Christy Cartaya. She wouldn't be caught dead in mom jeans. Find out why she's one haute mama.
Meet haute mama Christy Cartaya. She loves a tailored fit and even wears mile-high heels while chasing her tot around. Here are her stylish stats:
Name: Christy Cartaya
Ethical background: Cuban American
Profession: Co-owner The Agency Public Relations and Event Specialists
Spotted at: Neiman Marcus Coral Gables
The outfit: Joie dress, Target tights, Report Signature heels and Elaine Turner snakeskin clutch.
What are your go-to stores and boutiques? “I love Zara, Forever 21, Off 5th. I don't believe in splurging on clothes because it’s all about your shoes and your handbag,” Cartaya says.
What one item are you eyeing to purchase for winter? “Sky-high patent pumps and a new weekend bag that's baby-friendly, yet stylish,” Cartays says.
What are your closet’s staples? Cartays says, “These days, leggings are my best friend. They’re great for fall and easy to mix and match for new looks. In addition, I have a shoe obsession — the higher the heel, the better.”
What is the worst trend you ever tried? “That's a tough one. I'm all about trying new things, so I really embrace the trends — the good, the bad and the ones that just don't go away,” she says.
What is the biggest fashion faux pas in your opinion? “Ill fitting clothing. I'm all about tailoring to size,” Cartaya admits.
Who are your style muses? Rachel Bilson, Sarah Jessica, Jennifer Lopez and everyday gals.
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 things you didn't know about designer Rachel Roy & her first book, "Design Your Life"
- 6 Spring 2016 Trends You Need To Try Now
- Like Father, Like Son: Le Club Swimwear
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store
- Diane von Furstenberg to Visit Books & Books and Aventura Mall