Street Chic: Augusta Pokrovskaya
Meet Augusta Pokrovskaya. She’s got style for miles. 'Nuff said.
By Maria Tettamanti
The Magic City is full of all kinds of characters. In terms of fashion, some people can be spotted dressed to the nines while others baffle even the wildest of imaginations. We recently ferreted out this seasoned fashionista, Augusta Pokrovskaya, on SoBe and fell in love with her classic yet young and fun outfit. Here, fashionable friends, are her stylish stats:
Name: Augusta Pokrovskaya
Ethnic background: Russian
Profession: Clothing and handbag designer
Spotted at: Nest on Lincoln Road
The outfit: Elizabeth and James boyfriend vest, Vince tank top, Chanel jumbo quilted handbag, Marc Jacobs patent-leather gladiator sandals and colorful beaded bracelets from a jaunt to Singapore.
Fave Miami shopping haunts: Marni, Marc Jacobs and Miu Miu boutiques.
Must-haves for this Fall: Shoulder pads, boyfriend blazers and harem pants.
Closet staples: Hermès belts, Chanel handbags and any kind of blazer.
Biggest fashion faux pas: “Wearing pieces by Dolce & Gabbana. Looking back, it’s just too sexy for me,” Pokrovskaya says.
Style muse: Marlene Dietrich. “I am also inspired by menswear,” Pokrovskaya adds.
- Meet Sarah Jessica Parker & Read Our Q&A
- Miami's E-Commerce Boom
- Stella McCartney on her adidas Collaboration
- Indochino brings affordable custom suits to Miami with Traveling Tailor pop-up
- Miami Dade College Offering Fashion Program
- Watch the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Shows LIVE from New York on Miami.com
- Trend it Like Beckham
- Pantone Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid
- Buddha Pants Q&A