Story Named Best Nightclub of the Year in the U.S.
South Beach mega club takes top honor in the 2014 Nightclub & Bar Awards
Story, a 27,000-square-foot nightclub in South Beach, was named 2014 Nightclub of the Year by Nightclub & Bar Media Group. Every year, the respected trade organization selects winners from hundreds of nominations to celebrate the "best and brightest movers and shakers in nightlife." Winners are featured on Nightclub.com and will receive an award at the upcoming 2014 Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show in Las Vegas, March 24 – 26.
Story opened in December 2012 and is operated and managed by MMG Nightlife (LIV Nightclub at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach and LIV Sun Life Stadium). Story hosts an impressive roster of the world's most famous DJs including Calvin Harris, Danny Tenaglia, Tiësto, and Avicii. Story's sister club, LIV, was a finalist in this category as was Cielo in New York.
"It’s great to see that LIV was runner-up, which says a lot about our team. I’m really lucky to have such a great team," says Dave Grutman, operating partner with MMG. "We try to throw a party every single night and I think this award reflects that."
- DJ Steve Lawler plays one party during Miami Music Week
- Paul Kalkbrenner makes his U.S. debut at Ultra
- Damian Lazarus is ready to Get Lost
- CD Review: Ultra Music Festival Compilation 2014
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death