The story behind Facebook
Whether you hate it or love it, Facebook has become a part of our everyday lives. Ever wonder about the story behind the social-media empire?
Whether you hate it or love it, Facebook has become a part of our everyday lives. Ever wonder about the story behind the social-media empire? You can’t see the film until October, but you can go to 500millionfriends.com and watch the mesmerizing trailer for The Social Network, about Facebook’s beginnings.
The movie centers on Mark Zuckerberg (played by Jesse Eisenberg), a Harvard undergrad who started Facebook from his dorm room in 2003. Watch Zuckerberg’s tumultuous rise from college kid to the youngest billionaire in history. Also be on the lookout for Justin Timberlake (so that’s where he’s been hiding). The trailer also features a great choir rendition of Radiohead’s Creep.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails