STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
Sceney steakhouse is said to be moving to a new space in the fall
When our Miami.com colleague Sara Liss alerted via Twitter that it "Looks like @STKMIAMI no longer has a "stk" in the Gansevoort, er Perry South Beach," we were more surprised that the restaurant was still open in that ghastly construction mess formerly known as the Gansevoort, the Perry South Beach and, not soon, but as of early 2014, to be known as 1 Hotel and Residences. According to STK's Facebook page, the restaurant is not saying sayonara to South Beach, but will be opening in a new space sometime in the fall. Taking a "disco nap" is how they put it.
We contacted the One Group to find out where that new location is. China Grill, perhaps? Just kidding. PR reps say the restaurant is moving to a new space on Collins and 23rd Street. Eden--er, Tosca, perhaps? Not so much. Tosca's still "very much open," says publicist Alexis Knapp, who says there is an STK connection, however, in the form of Tosca's Executive Chef Matthew Oetting, who was one of STK Miami's chefs de cuisine for over a year.
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp