STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
Sceney steakhouse is said to be moving to a new space in the fall
When our Miami.com colleague Sara Liss alerted via Twitter that it "Looks like @STKMIAMI no longer has a "stk" in the Gansevoort, er Perry South Beach," we were more surprised that the restaurant was still open in that ghastly construction mess formerly known as the Gansevoort, the Perry South Beach and, not soon, but as of early 2014, to be known as 1 Hotel and Residences. According to STK's Facebook page, the restaurant is not saying sayonara to South Beach, but will be opening in a new space sometime in the fall. Taking a "disco nap" is how they put it.
We contacted the One Group to find out where that new location is. China Grill, perhaps? Just kidding. PR reps say the restaurant is moving to a new space on Collins and 23rd Street. Eden--er, Tosca, perhaps? Not so much. Tosca's still "very much open," says publicist Alexis Knapp, who says there is an STK connection, however, in the form of Tosca's Executive Chef Matthew Oetting, who was one of STK Miami's chefs de cuisine for over a year.
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab