STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
Sceney steakhouse is said to be moving to a new space in the fall
When our Miami.com colleague Sara Liss alerted via Twitter that it "Looks like @STKMIAMI no longer has a "stk" in the Gansevoort, er Perry South Beach," we were more surprised that the restaurant was still open in that ghastly construction mess formerly known as the Gansevoort, the Perry South Beach and, not soon, but as of early 2014, to be known as 1 Hotel and Residences. According to STK's Facebook page, the restaurant is not saying sayonara to South Beach, but will be opening in a new space sometime in the fall. Taking a "disco nap" is how they put it.
We contacted the One Group to find out where that new location is. China Grill, perhaps? Just kidding. PR reps say the restaurant is moving to a new space on Collins and 23rd Street. Eden--er, Tosca, perhaps? Not so much. Tosca's still "very much open," says publicist Alexis Knapp, who says there is an STK connection, however, in the form of Tosca's Executive Chef Matthew Oetting, who was one of STK Miami's chefs de cuisine for over a year.
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage