STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
Sceney steakhouse is said to be moving to a new space in the fall
When our Miami.com colleague Sara Liss alerted via Twitter that it "Looks like @STKMIAMI no longer has a "stk" in the Gansevoort, er Perry South Beach," we were more surprised that the restaurant was still open in that ghastly construction mess formerly known as the Gansevoort, the Perry South Beach and, not soon, but as of early 2014, to be known as 1 Hotel and Residences. According to STK's Facebook page, the restaurant is not saying sayonara to South Beach, but will be opening in a new space sometime in the fall. Taking a "disco nap" is how they put it.
We contacted the One Group to find out where that new location is. China Grill, perhaps? Just kidding. PR reps say the restaurant is moving to a new space on Collins and 23rd Street. Eden--er, Tosca, perhaps? Not so much. Tosca's still "very much open," says publicist Alexis Knapp, who says there is an STK connection, however, in the form of Tosca's Executive Chef Matthew Oetting, who was one of STK Miami's chefs de cuisine for over a year.
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in
- Slice of Brazil comes to life on urban farm in Fort Lauderdale
- Stephen Starr opening restaurant on YoungArts Miami campus