STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
Sceney steakhouse is said to be moving to a new space in the fall
When our Miami.com colleague Sara Liss alerted via Twitter that it "Looks like @STKMIAMI no longer has a "stk" in the Gansevoort, er Perry South Beach," we were more surprised that the restaurant was still open in that ghastly construction mess formerly known as the Gansevoort, the Perry South Beach and, not soon, but as of early 2014, to be known as 1 Hotel and Residences. According to STK's Facebook page, the restaurant is not saying sayonara to South Beach, but will be opening in a new space sometime in the fall. Taking a "disco nap" is how they put it.
We contacted the One Group to find out where that new location is. China Grill, perhaps? Just kidding. PR reps say the restaurant is moving to a new space on Collins and 23rd Street. Eden--er, Tosca, perhaps? Not so much. Tosca's still "very much open," says publicist Alexis Knapp, who says there is an STK connection, however, in the form of Tosca's Executive Chef Matthew Oetting, who was one of STK Miami's chefs de cuisine for over a year.
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!