Steve Miller Band
The Steve Miller Band will play the final Marlins Super Saturday of the season on October 2.
Marlins Super Saturdays
with Steve Miller Band
October 2, 2010
Sun Life Stadium
2269 Dan Marino Blvd.
Miami, FL 33056
Tickets: $11 to $325
His band's lineup may have changed over the years, but one constant has remained: Steve Miller himself.
South Florida can enjoy a set from Rock 'n' roll legends the Steve Miller Band following the Florida Marlins vs. Pittsburgh Pirates game on October 3 as part of the Marlins' Super Saturdays program, which provides free post-game concerts during Saturday night home games at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens.
Even though the Fish won't make the playoffs, this final Super Saturday for 2010 will be great send off to the season. And you can go for as little as $11.
The San Francisco-formed band has been around since 1968, serving up bluesy, psychedelic (but radio friendly) rock music to the masses. Hits like "The Joker," "Rock'n Me" and "Fly Like an Eagle" are still classic rock radio staples more than 30 years later, and have been introduced to younger generations in video games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
Music in Miami
- Review: Erasure more than a nostalgia act during energetic dance party at Fillmore Miami Beach
- Phil Collins headlines gala fundraiser during Art Basel weekend on Miami Beach
- Demi Lovato plays Miami on Sunday
- Review: Lily Allen’s too cool to grow up
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Erasure plays Fillmore Miami Beach on Friday night
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach