Steve Miller Band
The Steve Miller Band will play the final Marlins Super Saturday of the season on October 2.
Marlins Super Saturdays
with Steve Miller Band
October 2, 2010
Sun Life Stadium
2269 Dan Marino Blvd.
Miami, FL 33056
Tickets: $11 to $325
His band's lineup may have changed over the years, but one constant has remained: Steve Miller himself.
South Florida can enjoy a set from Rock 'n' roll legends the Steve Miller Band following the Florida Marlins vs. Pittsburgh Pirates game on October 3 as part of the Marlins' Super Saturdays program, which provides free post-game concerts during Saturday night home games at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens.
Even though the Fish won't make the playoffs, this final Super Saturday for 2010 will be great send off to the season. And you can go for as little as $11.
The San Francisco-formed band has been around since 1968, serving up bluesy, psychedelic (but radio friendly) rock music to the masses. Hits like "The Joker," "Rock'n Me" and "Fly Like an Eagle" are still classic rock radio staples more than 30 years later, and have been introduced to younger generations in video games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
Music in Miami
- The Hot Sardines bring infectious jazz sound to South Miami on Saturday
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- American Authors bring alt-rock sound to Revolution
- French chanteuse SoKo opens for Foster the People at the Fillmore Miami Beach
- Festival Miami brings jazz, classical, pop and more
- Miami-raised Austin Paul talks about III Points Festival in Wynwood
- Marc Anthony returns to Miami
- Mick Jones, Foreigner play Seminole Hard Rock Friday
- Review: Jack White’s rock-fueled show energizes Miami Beach