Stephen Starr's Verde restaurant & bar opening December 4 at Pérez Art Museum Miami
Starr stirs up a healthy, "Miami-centric" menu
1103 Biscayne Blvd.
In addition to being the exclusive caterer of the soon to debut, spanking new Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM), Stephen Starr of Morimoto (coming soon!) and Steak 954 is also opening Verde, a 104-seat restaurant and bar that will open with the museum on December 4.
“We feel a great sense of pride to be part of this groundbreaking facility in the art community,” said Starr. “Our plan is to offer a bold yet fresh and healthy menu that embodies Miami with tropical influences.”
The "international" menu of local seafood and protein offerings will "feature well-balanced portion sizes.” The all-day menu includes ceviche, heirloom tomato tartar, charred octopus, sashimi, Hamachi, house made burrata, sweet corn and jumbo lump crab soup, charred romaine, a series of flatbreads, pressed sandwiches and artisan cheeses. Entrees include pink snapper, gulf shrimp and grilled mahi. The raw section, soup & salad, vegetables, pizza, sandwiches and desserts are all priced between $7-$18 and entrees are priced between $15-$22. There's also a full bar.
Verde will also serve "Florida-themed desserts," says a press release, "like cane sugar donuts with Cuban coffee dip and flan."
Members of the museum will receive a 10 percent discount on all meals. The bistro will be open for lunch all week and for dinner on Thursday nights to coincide with educational events and social programming at the museum. Verde will also host pop-up chef tastings with a prix fixe menu on select nights.
Reservations can be made on Open Table after November 25. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bistro Bar; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the restaurant; and from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton