Stephen Starr's Verde restaurant & bar opening December 4 at Pérez Art Museum Miami
Starr stirs up a healthy, "Miami-centric" menu
1103 Biscayne Blvd.
In addition to being the exclusive caterer of the soon to debut, spanking new Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM), Stephen Starr of Morimoto (coming soon!) and Steak 954 is also opening Verde, a 104-seat restaurant and bar that will open with the museum on December 4.
“We feel a great sense of pride to be part of this groundbreaking facility in the art community,” said Starr. “Our plan is to offer a bold yet fresh and healthy menu that embodies Miami with tropical influences.”
The "international" menu of local seafood and protein offerings will "feature well-balanced portion sizes.” The all-day menu includes ceviche, heirloom tomato tartar, charred octopus, sashimi, Hamachi, house made burrata, sweet corn and jumbo lump crab soup, charred romaine, a series of flatbreads, pressed sandwiches and artisan cheeses. Entrees include pink snapper, gulf shrimp and grilled mahi. The raw section, soup & salad, vegetables, pizza, sandwiches and desserts are all priced between $7-$18 and entrees are priced between $15-$22. There's also a full bar.
Verde will also serve "Florida-themed desserts," says a press release, "like cane sugar donuts with Cuban coffee dip and flan."
Members of the museum will receive a 10 percent discount on all meals. The bistro will be open for lunch all week and for dinner on Thursday nights to coincide with educational events and social programming at the museum. Verde will also host pop-up chef tastings with a prix fixe menu on select nights.
Reservations can be made on Open Table after November 25. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bistro Bar; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the restaurant; and from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!