Stephen Starr's Verde restaurant & bar opening December 4 at Pérez Art Museum Miami
Starr stirs up a healthy, "Miami-centric" menu
1103 Biscayne Blvd.
In addition to being the exclusive caterer of the soon to debut, spanking new Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM), Stephen Starr of Morimoto (coming soon!) and Steak 954 is also opening Verde, a 104-seat restaurant and bar that will open with the museum on December 4.
“We feel a great sense of pride to be part of this groundbreaking facility in the art community,” said Starr. “Our plan is to offer a bold yet fresh and healthy menu that embodies Miami with tropical influences.”
The "international" menu of local seafood and protein offerings will "feature well-balanced portion sizes.” The all-day menu includes ceviche, heirloom tomato tartar, charred octopus, sashimi, Hamachi, house made burrata, sweet corn and jumbo lump crab soup, charred romaine, a series of flatbreads, pressed sandwiches and artisan cheeses. Entrees include pink snapper, gulf shrimp and grilled mahi. The raw section, soup & salad, vegetables, pizza, sandwiches and desserts are all priced between $7-$18 and entrees are priced between $15-$22. There's also a full bar.
Verde will also serve "Florida-themed desserts," says a press release, "like cane sugar donuts with Cuban coffee dip and flan."
Members of the museum will receive a 10 percent discount on all meals. The bistro will be open for lunch all week and for dinner on Thursday nights to coincide with educational events and social programming at the museum. Verde will also host pop-up chef tastings with a prix fixe menu on select nights.
Reservations can be made on Open Table after November 25. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bistro Bar; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the restaurant; and from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto