Stella Artois Pouring Competition
Master the 9-step pouring ritual and win a spot in the finals
Belgian beer Stella Artois has commenced the U.S. portion of its 15th Annual World Draught Masters competition, an annual event that honors beer connoisseurs’ mastery of the Stella Artois 9-Step Pouring Ritual.
Over the next 10 days Miami takes center stage in this country-wide competition, with qualifiers at three South Florida bars before the regional final on Friday, Sept. 9. Stella Artois is served between 36 and 38 degrees Fahrenheit using a nine-step process called the Belgian Pouring Ritual and in a Stella Artois chalice designed to ensure that the head foams perfectly and the aroma is preserved.
On Oct. 7, U.S. finalists from across the country will rendezvous in Washington, D.C. at the celebrated National Building Museum to vie for the chance to move on to the global finals in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Seven cities - Miami, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Boston, Denver, New York and Washington, D.C. - will hold live competitions in which beer enthusiasts are trained in the 9-Step Pouring Ritual, then have the opportunity to showcase their command of the process.
This weekend’s South Florida local pouring events (that are open to the public) are:
Thursday, Sept. 1
Sandbar Grill (7-10 p.m.)
3064 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove
Friday, Sept. 2
Clarke’s (7-10 p.m.)
840 1st St., Miami Beach
Saturday, Sept. 3
Murphy’s Law (8-11 p.m.)
5703 Seminole Way at Seminole Hard Rock, Hollywood.
The winners from these and previous pouring events will compete in the Stella Artois Regional Draught Master competition on Friday, Sept. 9 at Brickell Irish Pub (1471 S. Miami Ave.), from 8 p.m. to midnight.
Miami.com is giving away four VIP passes – complete with a behind-the-scenes look at the competition and prime seats - to the Regionals at Brickell Irish Pub. Make sure to visit Miami.com on Facebook to enter.
- Is this South Beach spot a lounge, nightclub or restaurant?
- Where to celebrate National Martini Day in Miami
- Get your drink on while satisfying your sweet tooth at the Miami Ultimate Bartender & Dessert competition
- Why Miami's oldest bar is new again
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- How to get a taste of this top South Beach hot spot without the line
- New app HOOCH is every cocktail lover's dream
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- 21 spots to get your champagne bubbly on in Miami
- Sip & Savor: mezcal for days at Clandestino Pub