Stella Artois Pouring Competition
Master the 9-step pouring ritual and win a spot in the finals
Belgian beer Stella Artois has commenced the U.S. portion of its 15th Annual World Draught Masters competition, an annual event that honors beer connoisseurs’ mastery of the Stella Artois 9-Step Pouring Ritual.
Over the next 10 days Miami takes center stage in this country-wide competition, with qualifiers at three South Florida bars before the regional final on Friday, Sept. 9. Stella Artois is served between 36 and 38 degrees Fahrenheit using a nine-step process called the Belgian Pouring Ritual and in a Stella Artois chalice designed to ensure that the head foams perfectly and the aroma is preserved.
On Oct. 7, U.S. finalists from across the country will rendezvous in Washington, D.C. at the celebrated National Building Museum to vie for the chance to move on to the global finals in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Seven cities - Miami, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Boston, Denver, New York and Washington, D.C. - will hold live competitions in which beer enthusiasts are trained in the 9-Step Pouring Ritual, then have the opportunity to showcase their command of the process.
This weekend’s South Florida local pouring events (that are open to the public) are:
Thursday, Sept. 1
Sandbar Grill (7-10 p.m.)
3064 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove
Friday, Sept. 2
Clarke’s (7-10 p.m.)
840 1st St., Miami Beach
Saturday, Sept. 3
Murphy’s Law (8-11 p.m.)
5703 Seminole Way at Seminole Hard Rock, Hollywood.
The winners from these and previous pouring events will compete in the Stella Artois Regional Draught Master competition on Friday, Sept. 9 at Brickell Irish Pub (1471 S. Miami Ave.), from 8 p.m. to midnight.
Miami.com is giving away four VIP passes – complete with a behind-the-scenes look at the competition and prime seats - to the Regionals at Brickell Irish Pub. Make sure to visit Miami.com on Facebook to enter.
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts