Stay here: Riviera South Beach
Hollywood regency meets modern marvel at this new SoBe boutique hotel.
By Maria Tettamanti
If boutique hotels are your cup of tea, then SoBe's latest addition, Riviera South Beach, is just it. Located at 2000 Liberty Avenue, the hotel debuts with 54 one-bedroom, apartment-like suites outfitted with gourmet kitchens. Here's the 411 on the plush property:
The concept: Conceptualized and designed by Alan Lieberman, the owner of the South Beach Group, the hotel's vision is drawn from modern baroque designer Dorothy Draper. A $25 million project, Riviera South Beach is the second all-suite hotel to join the company's teeming resume, which also includes the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club, the Shelley, the Whitelaw, the Chesterfield, Metropole South Beach, the Mercury Resort and Hotel Chelsea. Yep, this group has got it going on when it comes to dreamy Art Deco accommodations.
The rooms: Think Hollywood-regency-meets-modern marvel. All suites boast 700 square feet set against a backdrop of gold, navy and ivory. Adding on to the chichi factor, rooms are outfitted with floor-to-ceiling silk draperies, espresso hardwood floors, custom-designed wood and ivory tufted furniture, 100 percent organic cotton pillow top custom beds, rain-head showers and top-of-the-line kitchens. Techies will love each room's two flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and complimentary wireless Internet access.
The pampering: Scheduled to open later this year, the in-house spa will offer massages, facials, body treatments, manicures, pedicures and waxing. Another perk? A co-ed Hammamm and steam room, which is just the thing for de-stressing. Yogis will be able to get their downward dog on in the neighboring Zen room.
The eats: Picture Old Havana in the heart of SoBe. Riviera South Beach's poolside restaurant whips up traditional Cuban cuisine ideal for al fresco dining in Miami Beach's enviable year-round climate. Delicioso!
The amenities: The property houses an intimate tropical courtyard pool, private cabanas, lobby lounge, meeting space and rooftop event space.
The bottom line: Current rates are $185 per night. Right now, book 3 nights get 5 percent off, book 4 nights get 10 percent off, 5 nights get 15 percent off. Can you say, "Yay"?
Riviera South Beach, 2000 Liberty Ave, Miami Beach; 1-877-762-3477.
Stayed here? Leave a review!
- Circa 39 Hosts Vino & Vinyasa Friday Yoga Happy Hour
- Fontainebleau Celebrates Frank Sinatra's Centennial Birthday in Style
- Summer Fun 2015: A guide to what’s new at Disney World this summer
- Inside the new Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami
- AC Miami Beach Hotel opens with European-inspired hospitality
- Mark Your Calendar For June 21 & 22: CyberSummer Offers Deep Discounts on Travel
- Sizzling Summer Savings at Miami Hotels & Beyond
- Inside The New York EDITION & other new New York City attractions
- Locally Led Yoga Retreats Head to Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Tulum this Summer
- The Raleigh Launches Summer Pool Passes