Classical music this week
Lovers of classical and choral music are in for a treat this week.
ALBA ROSA VIETOR
World class violinist and pianist Alba Rosa Vietor presents her concert series entitled Volume of the Violin which will feature selections of her challenging and virtuosic violin works played by distinguished doctoral students of the Frost School of Music. Admission is free.
Wednesday, September 29, at 8 pm in Clarke Hall, Frost School of Music, San Amaro Dr. and Miller Road in Coral Gables ; email@example.com.
Under the baton of maestro Patrick Dupré Quigley, the critically-acclaimed singers of Seraphic Fire launch into the 2010/11 Season (entitled "We Lift You Up") with Sergei Rachmaninoff's "All-Night Vigil," Op. 37. Tickets are $35 and available at www.SeraphicFire.org or by phone at 888-544-FIRE. Seraphic Fire will once again make FREE tickets available to audience members who are 30 or under (but over 8, please) ten minutes before each performance as long as tickets remain. A limited number of under 30 tickets are available in advance by calling the Seraphic Fire office at 305-285-9060.
The program will be performed at the following venues:
Thursday, September 30, 7:30pm. St. Christopher's by-the-Sea,95 Harbor Drive, Key Biscayne.
Friday, October 1, 2010, 7:30pm, First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables, 536 Coral Way, Coral Gables.
Saturday, October 2, 2010, 8:00pm, All Saints Episcopal Church, 333 Tarpon Drive, Fort Lauderdale.
Sunday, October 3, 2010, 4:00pm, Miami Beach Community Church, 1620 Drexel Avenue (entrance on Lincoln Road), Miami Beach.
SOUTH FLORIDA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
The South Florida Symphony Orchestra, the region’s newest classical sensation, presents “September Serenade at the Pier Top Lounge” at the Hyatt Regency Pier-Sixty Six Resort and Spa. The entertaining evening will benefit the South Florida Symphony Orchestra and its community programs. Enjoy a medley of jazz, Latin and classical music and a delicious wine-paired, three-course meal prepared by Chef Miguel Santiago while taking in the picturesque and stunning 360-degree twilight landscape of downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Wednesday, September 29 at 6 p.m., Pier Top Lounge, Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Resort and Spa, 2301 S.E. 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale; Tickets are $150 per person; $2,500 for a table sponsor.
See and Do
- Opposites attract in New Theatre’s ‘Gospel According to Jerry’
- Monks from the Drepung Loseling Monastery bring sacred song, dance to Broward
- 'Book of Mormon' to hold $25 ticket lottery at Arsht
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 21-23
- Top events for the Miami Book Fair International
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women