Stars strut the red carpet for FLIFF opening night film and gala
The 24th edition of the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival gets underway tonight with a red carpet walk, opening film and gala.
The 24th edition of the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival gets underway tonight at 6:30 at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, with a red carpet walk featuring official selection stars such as Michelle Monaghan (Trucker), Kevin McCarthy (I Do), Michael Jai White (Black Dynamite), Scott Sandler (Black Dynamite), lifetime achievement award-winning cinematographer Mario Tosi and many others.
The opening night film Timer, a romantic comedy that actually looks quite charming (see the trailer above), will be followed by a gala, which will be attended by the film's stars, festival filmmakers and you if you've got $80 to spare. Click here for details.
- 9 movies that will scare your pants off at the Popcorn Frights Film Festival
- 5 Movies Worth Seeing and 3 to Avoid During Memorial Day Weekend
- Letting the good times roll in 'Everybody Wants Some!!' (R)
- Hank Williams biopic ‘I Saw The Light (R)’ falls flat
- What if the 2016 Oscar-nominated movies took place in Miami?
- Father doesn't always know best in 'The Clan' (R)
- 'Rock the Kasbah' (R)
- 'Pan' (PG)
- 'He Named Me Malala' (PG-13)
- 'Freeheld' (PG-13)