Stars come out for 'Rio 2' world premiere
"You've got the ocean on one side and samba dancers on the other." Yup, Anne Hathaway summed up Friday night's world premiere of Rio 2 at the Fontainebleau perfectly. The actress walked the blue carpet along with a few her costars Jake T Austin, George Lopez, Rodrigo Santoro and X Factor singer turned actress Rachel Crow.
"This is least stressful press event I've ever been a part of," said Hathaway. "You can't take anything too seriously, you know?"
Speaking of low stress, The Devil Wears Prada star would love to work with Rio director Carlos Saldanha again if there's another sequel. "He's the nicest man in the whole wide world: pure hearted, talented and modest at the same time...And for him to have all this success, we're so happy for him."
Saldanha agreed that his directing style is indeed laid back. "You have to be happy every day and love what you do. Life is too short."
Stars of Rio 2, which hits theaters April 11, also were busy Friday morning, when they appeared at Bayside Marketplace to inaugurate our version of Hollywood's "Walk of Fame." Hathaway, along with Kristin Chenoweth, watched as Saldanha, Miami native Andy Garcia and Jamie Foxx received stars and keys to the city.
"I am honored for this merit because Miami is where all my dreams unfolded,” said Garcia, who was born in Cuba.
Foxx, ever the comedian, had a different take: “I plan to use this key to get in to certain restaurant and clubs.”
On Our Radar
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert