Stars come out for 'Rio 2' world premiere
"You've got the ocean on one side and samba dancers on the other." Yup, Anne Hathaway summed up Friday night's world premiere of Rio 2 at the Fontainebleau perfectly. The actress walked the blue carpet along with a few her costars Jake T Austin, George Lopez, Rodrigo Santoro and X Factor singer turned actress Rachel Crow.
"This is least stressful press event I've ever been a part of," said Hathaway. "You can't take anything too seriously, you know?"
Speaking of low stress, The Devil Wears Prada star would love to work with Rio director Carlos Saldanha again if there's another sequel. "He's the nicest man in the whole wide world: pure hearted, talented and modest at the same time...And for him to have all this success, we're so happy for him."
Saldanha agreed that his directing style is indeed laid back. "You have to be happy every day and love what you do. Life is too short."
Stars of Rio 2, which hits theaters April 11, also were busy Friday morning, when they appeared at Bayside Marketplace to inaugurate our version of Hollywood's "Walk of Fame." Hathaway, along with Kristin Chenoweth, watched as Saldanha, Miami native Andy Garcia and Jamie Foxx received stars and keys to the city.
"I am honored for this merit because Miami is where all my dreams unfolded,” said Garcia, who was born in Cuba.
Foxx, ever the comedian, had a different take: “I plan to use this key to get in to certain restaurant and clubs.”
On Our Radar
- Sean Combs stands up to cancer
- Pitbull back on New Year's Eve duty
- Maks Chmerkovskiy to host “SWAY: A Dance Trilogy”
- Thalia to appear at Macy's
- Hillary Clinton joins Marc Anthony on stage
- Scott Disick spotted with new ladyfriend in Miami Beach
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference