Stars all aboard
Katie & Suri, others on massive ship
Who says L.A. has all the fun? Adam Sandler was aboard Royal Caribbean's newest ship, Allure of the Seas, docked at Port Ever- glades. The fun- nyman was filming scenes for his new com- edy Jack and Jill -- about a man dealing with his annoying twin sister (also played by Sandler) -- along with Katie Holmes, who plays his wife. Spies saw Holmes strolling the massive decks with 4-year-old daughter Suri, who must have enjoyed the perks of the world's largest cruise ship, including an open-air park. "It was awesome," con- firms Today show anchor Hoda Kotb, who filmed a segment onboard.
Elsewhere, SoBe Real, another movie shot locally, has wrapped. Starring Haley Webb (Final Destination), Kevin Sorbo (Hercules), Alex McKenna (Crossing Jordan), Mike Erwin (Vampire Diaries) and telenovela hunk Carlos Ponce (Couples Retreat), the film fol lows the "quest of a young woman to ful fill her misguided dreams'' in South Beach, according to a release. Of course, she soon finds out the lifestyle is not all it's cracked up to be. Sounds a little Valley of the Dolls meets Miami Social. Release date: sometime next year.
On Our Radar
- Bryan 'Birdman' launches vodka at Mokai
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson arrested in Broward
- Gorilla Perfumes making a stop at LUSH on Lincoln Road
- Food Network chefs sign on to Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Rewind Recap: Accordion Invasion hits South Beach
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game
- Luis Fonsi is engaged to model Agueda López