Star Wars Celebration V
Calling all Wookies, Ewoks and Sith Lords. Star Wars Celebration is taking over Orlando this weekend.
Star Wars Celebration V
Orange County Convention Center
9400 Universal Blvd., Orlando; www.occc.net
Star Wars fans from all across the galaxy will converge on Orlando this weekend for the official Lucasfilm event Star Wars Celebration, an orgy of all things Star Wars produced by fans for fans. The four day event will include parties, cast and crew appearances, costumes, music, collectables, panels and legions of fans willing to do anything to show their love for the saga.
From grown ups who remember waiting in line in 1977 to watch 'A New Hope' in theaters to kids are just discovering 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' on Cartoon Network, the convention has events for all ages.
Star Wars Celebration V will take place August 12 - 15, in Orlando at the Orange County Convention Center. Highlights of this year's convention include:
The Main Event
Notorious Star Wars nerd John Stewart of the Daily Show lets his geek flag fly as he interviews his icon, George Lucas, for an hour on Saturday at 11 a.m. Fans with burning questions can submit them on the Convention's website.
R2D2 Builder's Room
Taking their inspiration from the droid with a heart of gold, engineers across the world display their R2D2 droid creations.
Star Wars Speed Dating
You get three minutes to decide if the Star Wars groupie in front of you will be your Princess Leia or if you want to throw her into the sarlacc pit. If you do find love, you may even want to take the party to the Commitment Chapel.
Meet the folks who drool over original action figures in the original packaging, or who collect Boba Fett underoos. You know who you are.
For more information, including official Celebration-authorized hotels and transportation, complete event schedules and to purchase tickets, visit www.starwarscelebration.com. Just make sure to leave your blasters at home, that is unless they are replicas. They have a strict weapons policy at the convention.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Borscht Film Festival spurs a Miami filmmaking boom
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12