Star Trek star honored at Fontainebleau
By gay community
bout 800 supporters packed a sold-out ballroom at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach resort Saturday night for Sparkle, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's 17th annual Miami Recognition Dinner. Star Trek co-star George Takei received the Task Force's National Leadership Award. Above, Takei poses with Task Force Executive Director Rea Carey and entertainer Kristine W, who performed at the dinner. Out Congressman Mark Takano, D-California, presented Takei with his leadership award.
On Our Radar
- Giant un-retouched selfie at The Mondrian
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage