Star Trek star honored at Fontainebleau
By gay community
bout 800 supporters packed a sold-out ballroom at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach resort Saturday night for Sparkle, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's 17th annual Miami Recognition Dinner. Star Trek co-star George Takei received the Task Force's National Leadership Award. Above, Takei poses with Task Force Executive Director Rea Carey and entertainer Kristine W, who performed at the dinner. Out Congressman Mark Takano, D-California, presented Takei with his leadership award.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision