Star Trek star honored at Fontainebleau
By gay community
bout 800 supporters packed a sold-out ballroom at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach resort Saturday night for Sparkle, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's 17th annual Miami Recognition Dinner. Star Trek co-star George Takei received the Task Force's National Leadership Award. Above, Takei poses with Task Force Executive Director Rea Carey and entertainer Kristine W, who performed at the dinner. Out Congressman Mark Takano, D-California, presented Takei with his leadership award.
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie