Star Trek star honored at Fontainebleau
By gay community
bout 800 supporters packed a sold-out ballroom at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach resort Saturday night for Sparkle, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's 17th annual Miami Recognition Dinner. Star Trek co-star George Takei received the Task Force's National Leadership Award. Above, Takei poses with Task Force Executive Director Rea Carey and entertainer Kristine W, who performed at the dinner. Out Congressman Mark Takano, D-California, presented Takei with his leadership award.
On Our Radar
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules
- Mario Lopez parties on yacht in Miami Beach