Star Trek star honored at Fontainebleau
By gay community
bout 800 supporters packed a sold-out ballroom at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach resort Saturday night for Sparkle, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's 17th annual Miami Recognition Dinner. Star Trek co-star George Takei received the Task Force's National Leadership Award. Above, Takei poses with Task Force Executive Director Rea Carey and entertainer Kristine W, who performed at the dinner. Out Congressman Mark Takano, D-California, presented Takei with his leadership award.
On Our Radar
- South Beach is going to be declared Zika-free, allegedly
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.