JRandall is steppin' it up
Delray Beach pop/dance artist JRandall has his debut single, Spirit of the Radio featured on the soundtrack to Step Up 3D.
Star on the rise: Delray Beach pop/dance artist JRandall (born Joshua Randall). The 23-year-old - who is with Flo Rida and Rick Ross' label, Poe Boy - is ready for his ride. His debut single, Spirit of the Radio (hear it on jrandalland.com) is featured on the soundtrack to Step Up 3D, out Friday.
‘‘It's been such a great experience that I got on such a big album," said Randall. ‘‘This is more than I can ask for at this time of my career."
The Atlantic High School grad can't wait to see Step Up and party with his friends. ‘‘We are gonna line up some firecrackers and M-80s in my apartment later on," he joked. "Seriously, we'll all probably start screaming the minute we hear my song."
Flo has served as J's mentor for a while now, but at first working with the local rapper -- whose Club Can't Handle Me is also on the soundtrack -- made him a little nervous.
"It's intimidating meeting these people; you have these ideas of what they're going to be like," J said. "Plus, he's a big guy - 6-foot-4. I'm 5-9 and 140 pounds soaking wet."
On Our Radar
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook
- Pokemon Go Invades Miami and here’s our cheat sheet