Is Star Island losing its luster?
Celebs renting out homes
Something strange is happening on Star Island, the island off the MacArthur Causeway that’s home to 98 very rich, very famous folks: There are currently four properties up for rent, out of just 32. Singer Gloria Estefan and her husband Emilio are offering one of the guest houses for $30,000 a month. There’s developer Tom Kramer’s foreclosed crib, for rent at $150,000 a month. Other villas are going for $65,000 and $75,000 a month. Rentals tucked between $100 million properties? “It is unusual to have that many rentals there,” says high-end Realtor Ben Moss. “In listings above $10 million, there’s a three-year inventory. Some investors prefer renting out for a while. “But for some sophisticated buyers with $50 million to spend, this could cause the island to lose some of its luster.”
On Our Radar
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert