Is Star Island losing its luster?
Celebs renting out homes
Something strange is happening on Star Island, the island off the MacArthur Causeway that’s home to 98 very rich, very famous folks: There are currently four properties up for rent, out of just 32. Singer Gloria Estefan and her husband Emilio are offering one of the guest houses for $30,000 a month. There’s developer Tom Kramer’s foreclosed crib, for rent at $150,000 a month. Other villas are going for $65,000 and $75,000 a month. Rentals tucked between $100 million properties? “It is unusual to have that many rentals there,” says high-end Realtor Ben Moss. “In listings above $10 million, there’s a three-year inventory. Some investors prefer renting out for a while. “But for some sophisticated buyers with $50 million to spend, this could cause the island to lose some of its luster.”
On Our Radar
- Victoria's Angel model in Miami for 2 appearances
- Want to spend New Year's Eve with Pitbull?
- Make-A-Wish Ball celebrates 20 years at the InterContinental Miami with Diana Ross performance, Oz theme
- Jingle Ball lineup includes big music names
- Stars come out for Book of Life premiere
- Launch of new Arts & Entertainment District features free coffee on Wednesdays
- Report: Miami ranks No. 1 for attractive people, nightclubs and singles scene
- CIndy Crawford does cocktails in Miami
- One Direction's Harry Styles does Miami
- For sale: LeBron James' Miami mansion