St. Patrick's Day 2014: Where to toast the luck of the Irish
Celebrate St. Patty's Day with food & drink specials across Miami-Dade and Broward
St Patrick's Day is Monday, March 17, 2014, but you can toast to the luck of the Irish with food and drink specials all weekend long...
- Batch Gastropub hosts a three-day celebration featuring a la carte specials like pulled pork shepherd's pie, Baby Guinness jello shots and “Angry Irishman” cocktails. 30 SW 12 St, Miami; 305-808-5555
- The Dutch celebrates with a corned short rib special. Invest $35 and enjoy brined and braised short rib served with braised cabbage, potatoes, carrots and rye croutons. 2201 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-938-3111
- Brother Jimmy's celebrates with green beer, Irish whiskey, courtyard ice sludge’s and a $7 cocktail special, “The Taste of Gold” (Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, ginger ale, and orange juice). Cocktail special available Sunday-Monday. 900 S Miami Ave, Miami; 786-360-3650
- Monty's Sunset offers a $19.95 special blending cabbage & corn beef and a Guinness tall boy. 300 Alton Rd, Miami Beach; 305-672-1148
- Shake Shack treats guest to special edition Irish Fries Are Smiling—Shack fries topped with horseradish cream, scallions, and apple wood smoked bacon. Fries are available March 14-17 for $4. Various locations, visit shakeshack.com for details.
- Sugarcane is offering a specialty a la carte dish of corned beef tongue & Brussels with green breadcrumbs. 3252 NE 1 Ave, Miami; 786-369-0353
- Sushi Samba is offering specialty Oba Q and Bossa Nova rolls. 600 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 305-673-5337 or 180 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables; 305-448-4990
- For a hardcore St. Patty's celebration, venerable Coral Gables pub John Martin's, is throwing a two-day bash beginning with an Irish brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16 ($24.50 per person or $27.50 per person including a Bloody Mary, Mimosa or Bushmills Irish coffee), and continuing all day and night with an open mic contest for the most original Irish song (with cash prizes). On the actual holiday, Monday, March 17, there will be bagpipe players from noon to 2 p.m., and a party all day and night, with the St. Patty's menu available until 11 p.m. 253 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 305-445-3777.
- The Playwright Irish Pub in South Beach celebrates St. Patrick's Day from 11 a.m. until the party stops with food specials, live music, dancers and general revelry. 1265 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-534-0667.
- The Fed hosts a pre-St Patty's Day brunch Sunday, March 16 from 10:30am-3pm. The boozy a la carte brunch will feature green eggs & ham, BBQ'd deviled eggs, chicken & waffles, Texas toast and $18 bottomless granny smith mimosas. 5132 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
- Finnegan's River hosts the Brickell Fest St. Patrick's Day celebration on Sunday, March 16 at noon. The sports bar and Irish pub on the Miami River invites you to come by land or sea for all things good, green and Gaelic with bands, bass and beer. 401 SW Third Ave., Miami; 305-285-3030.
- At Fado Irish Pub in Brickell, doors open at 7 a.m. for “Kegs and Eggs,” which features a breakfast buffet and a pint until 10 a.m. for $10. The full menu is available after 10 a.m. Later, an Irish party (Miami style) begins with two massive DJ stages in Brickell Village’s front and back courtyards, multiple beer gardens and full bars and Irish dancers for 21+ only after noon. 900 S. Miami Ave. Ste. 200, Miami; 786-924-0972.
- Join the folks from Tobacco Road on a St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl Saturday, March 15 at 11 a.m. The holiday kick-off party includes an Irish Top O' The Morning Breakfast Bash for $10 at a venue TBA plus an all day/night bar crawl. 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-379-2545.
- Batch Gastropub is hosting a three-day St. Patrick's Day celebration from March 14 - 17 in Brickell, featuring $5 Avion Espresso baby Guinness jello shots ($3 on Monday), $6 Tullamore Dew shots, $6 Magners, $6 Harps/Guinness/Smithwicks. Soak it all up with a $10 Shepard's Pie. No cover. 30 SW 12th St., Miami; 305-808-5555.
- Delano Beach Club transforms its monthly Full Moon Party on Monday, March 17 at 9 p.m. into a St. Patty's themed bacchanal complete with free Guinness from 9 to 10 p.m., green decor and, er, soul jazz tunes by UNOMAS. Because nothing says St. Patrick's Day jigs like soul and jazz. 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-924-4071.
- Monty's Sunset on South Beach is offering a classic Irish-themed meal of cabbage and corned beef with a Guinness tall boy for $19.95 and $5 pickle back specials on Monday, March 17. 300 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-672-1148
- Biscayne Tavern presents an a la carte Guinness-inspired menu available March 14-17. Items include mussels in Guinness cream sauce, Guinness Stout braised lamb shanks and Guinness chocolate cupcakes. 146 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-358-4555.
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a Southern twist at Brother Jimmy's in Brickell: signature BBQ dishes, green beer, Irish whiskey, courtyard ice sludges. From March 16 - 17, enjoy "The Taste of Gold" created with Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, ginger ale, and orange juice for $7. 900 S. Miami Ave., Ste. 135, Miami; 786-360-365.
- RA Sushi toasts to good luck on Monday, March 17 with $1 green hot sake, $4 Jameson Irish Whiskey shots, $5 melon margaritas and Kirin/Kirin Light and $6 Irish car bombs. 5829 SW 73 St, South Miami; 305-341-0092.
- The Irish Times, 5850 Sunset Dr. in South Miami, hosts its seventh annual St. Patrick's Day Block Party with music by Esco and Retro Sky. The lucky few who arrive at the venue early enough will receive a free drink ticket to get you warmed up for a night of revelry (only 100 tickets will be available). The fun is from 5 p.m. till midnight. Information at 305-667-4114.
- Murphy's Law Irish Pub at the Seminole Hard Rock and Casino presents two live performances by "U2 by UV" on Saturday, March 15 at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. during its St. Patrick's Day kick-off block party. The U2 cover band will be accompanied by the Drake School of Irish Dance. On Monday, March 17, the live entertainment continues at Murphy's with a performance by Havoc 305 from 6 - 9 p.m. and High Tolerance from 11:30 p.m. - 3:30 a.m. Free. 5703 Seminole Way, Fort Lauderdale; 954-791-4782.
- Pop by Coco Asian Bistro during dinner Monday, March 17 and score a chance to win one of six $50 gift certificates. While you’re there, feast on specialty a la carte dishes and cocktails including the Irish Appletini, the corned beef roll and the green vegetable roll. Specialty dishes will be available Mar 14-17. 1841 Cordova Rd, Fort Lauderdale; 954-525-3541.
- SAIA celebrates by offering 50 percent off Rainbow Rolls at dinner on the 17th. The roll blends blue crab, tuna, salmon, white fish and avocado. 999 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-302-5208.
- American Social hosts a Shamrock Soiree on Las Olas on Monday, March 17 from 5 p.m. - midnight. Enjoy bagpipers, DJs, specialty cocktails (Irish margaritas, shamrock shots, etc. for $7 - $9) and a la carte specials including homemade reuben sandwiches for $14. Brews such as Guinness, Harp, and Smithwicks are $2. 721 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-764-7005.
- Party under the big top at Maguires Hill 16 on Monday morning where, starting at 8 a.m., Irish breakfast will be served with traditional Irish music by Celtic Cross Band and Joe Doherty. From 7 p.m. on there will be a host of bagpipers, dancers, face painters plus corn beef and cabbage and all things Irish. All under the giant tent. 535 N. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale; 954-764-4453.
- The fun starts at 11 a.m. at The Field Irish Pub in Dania Beach with performances by Irish bands inside at the Pub Stage and outdoors at the Tent Stage. The Drake School Irish Dancers will be prancing away as the Celtic Dreams Bagpipers take you across the sea to the Emerald Isle. 3281 Griffin Rd., Dania Beach; 954-964-5979.
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Christmas and NYE 2014: A Holiday Dining Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon