Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
Now open at 1502 Washington Ave.; grand opening May 2.
Has Sriracha jumped the shark?
Can "wok" be used as a verb?
These are the questions we're pondering after learning of the opening of Sriracha House at 1502 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach.
Riding the wave of the hugely popular Thai-style hot sauce, Sriracha House promises "urban Pan-Asian" cuisine with "flash-wokked dishes." Customers start by selecting a rice or noodle stir-fry base, then add various proteins, vegetables and sauces for a made-to-order fast-casual meal.
To sweeten the deal, Sriracha House offers delivery, late-night dining (open until 4 a.m. daily) and a free smartphone app that customers can use to access special offers.
The restaurant is currently in a soft-opening phase with a grand opening set for May 2. Fans who "like" the restaurant's Facebook page can receive a free meal from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. that day only.
1502 Washington Ave.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 4 a.m. daily.
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab