Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
Now open at 1502 Washington Ave.; grand opening May 2.
Has Sriracha jumped the shark?
Can "wok" be used as a verb?
These are the questions we're pondering after learning of the opening of Sriracha House at 1502 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach.
Riding the wave of the hugely popular Thai-style hot sauce, Sriracha House promises "urban Pan-Asian" cuisine with "flash-wokked dishes." Customers start by selecting a rice or noodle stir-fry base, then add various proteins, vegetables and sauces for a made-to-order fast-casual meal.
To sweeten the deal, Sriracha House offers delivery, late-night dining (open until 4 a.m. daily) and a free smartphone app that customers can use to access special offers.
The restaurant is currently in a soft-opening phase with a grand opening set for May 2. Fans who "like" the restaurant's Facebook page can receive a free meal from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. that day only.
1502 Washington Ave.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 4 a.m. daily.
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"