Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
Now open at 1502 Washington Ave.; grand opening May 2.
Has Sriracha jumped the shark?
Can "wok" be used as a verb?
These are the questions we're pondering after learning of the opening of Sriracha House at 1502 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach.
Riding the wave of the hugely popular Thai-style hot sauce, Sriracha House promises "urban Pan-Asian" cuisine with "flash-wokked dishes." Customers start by selecting a rice or noodle stir-fry base, then add various proteins, vegetables and sauces for a made-to-order fast-casual meal.
To sweeten the deal, Sriracha House offers delivery, late-night dining (open until 4 a.m. daily) and a free smartphone app that customers can use to access special offers.
The restaurant is currently in a soft-opening phase with a grand opening set for May 2. Fans who "like" the restaurant's Facebook page can receive a free meal from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. that day only.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer