Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
Now open at 1502 Washington Ave.; grand opening May 2.
Has Sriracha jumped the shark?
Can "wok" be used as a verb?
These are the questions we're pondering after learning of the opening of Sriracha House at 1502 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach.
Riding the wave of the hugely popular Thai-style hot sauce, Sriracha House promises "urban Pan-Asian" cuisine with "flash-wokked dishes." Customers start by selecting a rice or noodle stir-fry base, then add various proteins, vegetables and sauces for a made-to-order fast-casual meal.
To sweeten the deal, Sriracha House offers delivery, late-night dining (open until 4 a.m. daily) and a free smartphone app that customers can use to access special offers.
The restaurant is currently in a soft-opening phase with a grand opening set for May 2. Fans who "like" the restaurant's Facebook page can receive a free meal from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. that day only.
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria