Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
Now open at 1502 Washington Ave.; grand opening May 2.
Has Sriracha jumped the shark?
Can "wok" be used as a verb?
These are the questions we're pondering after learning of the opening of Sriracha House at 1502 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach.
Riding the wave of the hugely popular Thai-style hot sauce, Sriracha House promises "urban Pan-Asian" cuisine with "flash-wokked dishes." Customers start by selecting a rice or noodle stir-fry base, then add various proteins, vegetables and sauces for a made-to-order fast-casual meal.
To sweeten the deal, Sriracha House offers delivery, late-night dining (open until 4 a.m. daily) and a free smartphone app that customers can use to access special offers.
The restaurant is currently in a soft-opening phase with a grand opening set for May 2. Fans who "like" the restaurant's Facebook page can receive a free meal from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. that day only.
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space