It's a spring inspired black tie gala this Saturday, March 20, at the Mandarin Oriental. It's a bit pricey, but for a good cause.
By Mary Jo Almeida-Shore
On Saturday, March 20, the Women of Tomorrow (WOT) Mentor and Scholarship Program will celebrate its spring-inspired black-tie gala at the Mandarin Oriental (500 Brickell Key Drive). The event will feature a live performance from Latin heartthrob and Billboard nominated, hunky singer/actor JenCarlos Canela, music by the Steve Chase Band and an extravagant live auction emceed by WPLG Channel 10’s Calvin Hughes and Neki Mohan, who is also a WOT mentor. Local VIPs and tastemakers to be expected will include Founders of the Women of Tomorrow Mentor & Scholarship Program, Jennifer Valoppi and Telemundo president Don Browne; Gala Chair Marisa Toccin; WOT Vice-President and State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle; Honorary Chairmen Madeleine and Micky Arison; Legacy Builder Honorees Lora and Fred Drasner; Empowerment Award Honorees Jason and Haley Binn and many more. Auction items include tickets to The Jay Leno Show and to Super Bowl 2011, among other terrific prizes. The gala begins at 7 p.m. Tickets range in price from $300 for Mentor Tickets, to $350- $2,500 for individual tickets. To purchase tickets, or for more information, call 305.371.3330 or visit: www.womenoftomorrow.org.
500 Brickell Key Drive
See and Do
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- 5 places to cool down in Miami
- Miami voted best city for facial hair - free trims this weekend for all
- 10 ways to know you are at a Miami wedding
- 5 Miami neighborhoods that are developing arts communities
- 13 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - May 20-22
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?
- 8 events not to miss in Miami - June 2016
- 15 cool events in Miami for social butterflies - May 16-31
- 7 museums to visit during Miami Museum Month