It's a spring inspired black tie gala this Saturday, March 20, at the Mandarin Oriental. It's a bit pricey, but for a good cause.
500 Brickell Key Drive
By Mary Jo Almeida-Shore
On Saturday, March 20, the Women of Tomorrow (WOT) Mentor and Scholarship Program will celebrate its spring-inspired black-tie gala at the Mandarin Oriental (500 Brickell Key Drive). The event will feature a live performance from Latin heartthrob and Billboard nominated, hunky singer/actor JenCarlos Canela, music by the Steve Chase Band and an extravagant live auction emceed by WPLG Channel 10’s Calvin Hughes and Neki Mohan, who is also a WOT mentor. Local VIPs and tastemakers to be expected will include Founders of the Women of Tomorrow Mentor & Scholarship Program, Jennifer Valoppi and Telemundo president Don Browne; Gala Chair Marisa Toccin; WOT Vice-President and State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle; Honorary Chairmen Madeleine and Micky Arison; Legacy Builder Honorees Lora and Fred Drasner; Empowerment Award Honorees Jason and Haley Binn and many more. Auction items include tickets to The Jay Leno Show and to Super Bowl 2011, among other terrific prizes. The gala begins at 7 p.m. Tickets range in price from $300 for Mentor Tickets, to $350- $2,500 for individual tickets. To purchase tickets, or for more information, call 305.371.3330 or visit: www.womenoftomorrow.org.
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 31-Aug. 2
- Miami Events - August 2015
- Historic Virginia Key Beach Park hosts 70th Anniversary Celebration
- City Theatre and Island City Stage team up for Shorts Gone Wild
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19