Discover Miami's newest restaurants
Discover Miami's newest restaurants this season...
- B'stro on the Beach opens its doors at B Ocean Fort Lauderdale this April, bringing Parisian-style cuisine to Fort Lauderdale. The restaurant will serve breakfast (grab & go, sit-down or buffet), lunch (salads and sandwiches) and dinner. Menu highlights include tossed salad Nicoise, pan seared salmon brioche sandwich and handmade sweet potato gnocchi.
- BGR the Burger Join is slated to bring beef, veggie, turkey, lamb and tuna burgers to the Gables beginning June 1. Known for its “slow-food” burgers, the DC-based chain uses naturally raised, antibiotic-free and grain-fed cattle to produce variations like the Wellington (black truffles, foie gras, roasted mushrooms, caramelized onions, and blue cheese) and the 9 Pounder. Sides include Yukon Gold and sweet potato fries, onion rings, grilled asparagus and milkshakes.
- Blade returns to the Fontainebleau this May, bringing sushi back to the iconic Miami Beach hotel. Now sharing a space with Vida, Blade is serving traditional favorites as well as "modern, creative" takes on rolls, tartares and ceviches, Look for octopus carpaccio, yellowtail tartare and the Blade roll (marianted salmon, fresh mozzarella, spicy mayo and fried garlic).
- Cinco Cantina & Tequila Bar brings “priced to please” Mexican eats to the Village of Merrick Park beginning May 5. The 366-seat restaurant promises a “celebratory, down to earth” atmosphere, specialty cocktails and a menu stocked with classics like made-to-order guacamole, seafood ceviche and ancho-rubbed pork rib chop.
- Michelle Bernstein expands her Design District presence this April with bakery/bistro Crumbs on Parchment. The “comfy cozy” café pairs low prices, free WiFi and lunch and breakfast with home-baked goodness (Bernstein’s mother Martha is doing the baking). Menu highlights include fresh squeezed lemonade, wines by the glass & half-bottle, hot & cold soups of the day, tuna salad poached in house, southern tomato salad, grilled cheese & roasted tomato and pulled rotisserie chicken sandwich.
- Virginia-based Elevation Burger is bringing its certified organic beef burgers and olive oil fries to Coral Springs and Doral this month.
- Lizarran brings Spanish tapas, wine and traditions to the Gables in late April. Menu highligths include Serrano ham, a quesos sampling platter and a table de embutidos, a selection of Spanish cured meats served with flatbread.
- Craft beers meet upscale pub food from a former STK chef at The Local Craft Food & Drink in the Gables. Menu highlights include jerky in a jar (grass fed beef, soy & Thai chilles), buffalo style sweetbreads, Gulf Coast shrimp, crispy pork shank and tater tots with cheese curds & oxtrail gravy. The bar serves nearly 40 bottled brews as well as 24 microbrews on tap. Open for dinner only at the moment - lunch & dessert coming soon.
- Peacock Garden Café arrives in the Grove this April courtesy of the team behind Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar & Latam Grill and Talavera Cocina Mexicana. The casual, outdoor-friendly space utilizes locally-sourced ingredients in menu items like grilled artichokes, veggie burger, French dip sandwich, pan roasted chicken and fresh fish casserole.
- Trio on the Bay brings famed chef Klime Kovaceski back to South Florida this month with New American cuisine with a "bright Mediterranean flair." Signature items include pecan crusted trout, grilled butcher steak and roasted maple leaf duck.
- Tudor House brings famed restaurateur Geoffrey Zakarian back to SoBe (he cooked at the Blue Door at the Delano in 1995) this June. Menu details have not been released, but the restaurant concept is reportedly “casual and leaning on the American side.”
BGR The Burger Joint
232 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables
Blade at the Fontainebleau
4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Cinco Cantina & Tequila Bar
The Village at Merrick Park
4521 San Lorenzo St, Coral Gables
Crumbs on Parchment
3930 NE 2 Ave, Design District
2908 N. University Dr, Coral Springs; 954-796-1999
16010 NW 57th Ave, Miami Lakes
65 Alhambra Pl, Coral Gables
The Local Craft Food & Drink
150 Giralda Ave, Coral Gables
Peacock Garden Café
2889 McFarlane Rd, Coconut Grove
Trio on the Bay
1601 79 St Cswy, North Bay Village
Tudor House at the Dream South Beach Hotel
1111 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week
- What this 'hungry black man' did after a 'dining while black' experience
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day