Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models dazzle Miami for magazine party, South Beach Wine & Food Festival
Supermodels party at LIV, play volleyball on Miami Beach
The Sports Illustrated swimsuit models got the memo. When you party, you take your talents to South Beach.
More than 20 SI supermodels, including 2014 cover girls Lily Aldridge, Nina Agdal and Chrissy Teigen, continued their weeklong celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue by partying in style at LIV Nightclub Wednesday.
The issue, which hit store shelves Tuesday, features the lovely backsides of Aldridge, Agdal and Teigen on the cover.
Here are the top three things we overheard on the red carpet:
3. Teigen prefers Miami
John Legend’s leading lady said the Magic City “feels very right” compared to SI launch parties in Las Vegas, which had been the site of the festivities the past three years. “We’re all a little bit more relaxed this year,” she said. And, speaking of relaxed, Teigen said she is not much of a dancer, but was looking forward to the “drinks.”
2. Richard Sherman is a ‘constellation prize’
Yes, you read that right. Sherman, the outspoken cornerback of the newly crowned Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks, told a group of kids who wanted their picture taken with him that he was a “constellation prize” compared to the supermodels on the red carpet. Sherman talked to the models as they came off the carpet for Sports Illustrated, took pictures with fans and even joked with some kids about the Super Bowl score.
1. Kate Upton defies gravity
No, but really. The Melbourne, Fla. native talked about her zero gravity photo shoot over Cape Canaveral and reflected on her early days. “I actually started my modeling career in Miami, so it’s really special for me to be back here,” she said. Upton’s space experience landed her on the 50th anniversary issue’s bonus flip cover. The 21-year-old bombshell defied gravity, literally, posing in a skimpy gold bikini while in a zero gravity chamber.
If you haven't seen the video - or the behind the scenes - take a look below. (More photos from last night below)
Before the party at LIV on Wednesday night, models also had fun with Captain Morgan and some rum cocktails poolside at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.
And at the party, SI models were dressed in Forevermark Diamonds for Club SI Swimsuit at LIV, including Gigi Hadid who Forevermark flower ring, bangles and stud earrings.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening