Chef Jonathan Eismann enters the Grove with Spartico
Spartico at the Mayfair Hotel
9000 Florida Ave, Coconut Grove
Jonathan Eismann is back. Having survived the closings of Pacific Time, Q and Fin, the local chef is now all pizza all the time – helming the kitchen at the Design District’s Pizza Volante and serving as chef consultant at the Mayfair Hotel’s new Spartico restaurant. Billed as a “casual Roman pizza centric trattoria,” Spartico serves up sandwiches, salads and a breadth of Roman-style pizzas crisped in a Milanese wood-burning oven. Look for handmade dough kneaded from "seasonally harvested wheat" and toppings like tomino cheese, speck, ripe figs and chorizo.
- Miami Beach's Macchialina to open in Asheville
- Fresh American Bistro debuts in Sunny Isles
- The List: Seagrape's Michelle Bernstein
- Pubbelly and Wynwood Brewing Co. to open restaurant, beer bar on cruise ship
- Are these the best restaurants in South Florida?
- La Nuit en Rosé wine festival coming to Miami Beach Edition
- Miami's 15 most anticipated restaurants of 2015
- The List: 50 Eggs' John Kunkel
- The Burgies: Who will be South Florida's 2015 comfort-food champions?
- Southern Italian restaurant Campania opens Wednesday in Miami