Chef Jonathan Eismann enters the Grove with Spartico
Spartico at the Mayfair Hotel
9000 Florida Ave, Coconut Grove
Jonathan Eismann is back. Having survived the closings of Pacific Time, Q and Fin, the local chef is now all pizza all the time – helming the kitchen at the Design District’s Pizza Volante and serving as chef consultant at the Mayfair Hotel’s new Spartico restaurant. Billed as a “casual Roman pizza centric trattoria,” Spartico serves up sandwiches, salads and a breadth of Roman-style pizzas crisped in a Milanese wood-burning oven. Look for handmade dough kneaded from "seasonally harvested wheat" and toppings like tomino cheese, speck, ripe figs and chorizo.
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce
- Miami's most anticipated restaurants: Where are they now?
- Michelle Bernstein opens Cena by Michy in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Where to Treat Mom for Mother's Day
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo