Chef Jonathan Eismann enters the Grove with Spartico
Spartico at the Mayfair Hotel
9000 Florida Ave, Coconut Grove
Jonathan Eismann is back. Having survived the closings of Pacific Time, Q and Fin, the local chef is now all pizza all the time – helming the kitchen at the Design District’s Pizza Volante and serving as chef consultant at the Mayfair Hotel’s new Spartico restaurant. Billed as a “casual Roman pizza centric trattoria,” Spartico serves up sandwiches, salads and a breadth of Roman-style pizzas crisped in a Milanese wood-burning oven. Look for handmade dough kneaded from "seasonally harvested wheat" and toppings like tomino cheese, speck, ripe figs and chorizo.
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour
- Philly diner Green Eggs Cafe opens in Aventura
- New restaurants add to Doral's food options
- Escopazzo closes in South Beach after 21-year run