Chef Jonathan Eismann enters the Grove with Spartico
Spartico at the Mayfair Hotel
9000 Florida Ave, Coconut Grove
Jonathan Eismann is back. Having survived the closings of Pacific Time, Q and Fin, the local chef is now all pizza all the time – helming the kitchen at the Design District’s Pizza Volante and serving as chef consultant at the Mayfair Hotel’s new Spartico restaurant. Billed as a “casual Roman pizza centric trattoria,” Spartico serves up sandwiches, salads and a breadth of Roman-style pizzas crisped in a Milanese wood-burning oven. Look for handmade dough kneaded from "seasonally harvested wheat" and toppings like tomino cheese, speck, ripe figs and chorizo.
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1
- The List: 10 best bets for Father's Day dining in South Florida
- Macchialina team to open BaZi modern Asian restaurant in South Beach's Marlin Hotel