Spa fancy: Tiano Salon and Spa
The homey spot is a refreshing change from the various pricey spas that fill our metropolis.
By Elizabeth Stewart
The lowdown: Spa lingo can sometimes get a little confusing - you want to microdermabrasion my what? Not to mention, the high cost of some deluxe services are becoming harder to justify. Leave your thesaurus and emergency mattress stash at home and head to Tiano Salon Spa, a refreshing change from the various gaudy (and pricey) spas that fill our metropolis.
The 'hood: Tucked away in a quiet corner in laid-back Coconut Grove, just down the block from the Mayfair Hotel.
The vibe: Welcome home. The unpretentious surroundings and warm staff immediately put you at ease, and each guest is provided with a tour of the facilities before his or her service. Stations include a large salon space, an intimate spa area and a stop over at the beverage bar stocked with teas, drinks and snacks.
The highlights: The knowledgeable staff and affordable yet high-end services. Tiano Salon Spa is a one-stop-shop offering everything from signature Brazilian straightening treatments, cuts and blow-outs, to custom facials, massages, and nail services. But, what sets this salon apart is the expertise behind each service. For the rookie spa goer, each treatment is broken down into simplified terms, and those with a high batting average will be impressed with the level of quality available at a lower price tag. Specialized face and body treatments include an extensive four-layer facial (90 minutes, $135), four-layer mask treatment (90 minutes, $95), mini facial (30 minutes, $40) as well as Swedish massage (60 minutes, $75) and deep tissue massage (60 minutes, $95).
A spa pedicure including detoxifying foot scrub starts at $35 and a manicure at $18.
Tip: get on their email list and receive monthly specials or refer a friend for a discounted service of your choice. “We understand there are economical problems these days, so we're trying to give back to our customers by offering several discounts,” states Owner Tiano.
The sweet deal: Mention this story and receive 15% off any service.
Tiano Salon Spa, 2840 Oak Ave, Miami, 305.448.6661
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer
- Preserve your pretty in spite of Miami's hot summer sun
- Knock-Off Handbags are Aplenty in Miami — But the Real Deal is Always Better
- Prepare to be blown away! Blo Aventura Blow Dry Bar to Open
- Celebrities Love Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury. Find Out Why!
- 5 Summer Skin Tips from Miami’s Best-Kept Secret — Dr. Leonard Tachmes
- 9 favorite looks from Sunday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 favorite looks from Saturday's Miami Swim Week shows