Spa fancy: The Palms Spa
Aveda’s only beachfront luxury spa is the latest addition to Miami Beach’s sizzling spa scene.
By Maria Tettamanti
The lowdown: The Palms Spa - Aveda’s only beachfront luxury spa - is the latest addition to Miami Beach’s sizzling spa scene.
The hood: Tucked inside The Palms Hotel & Spa’s private lower lobby, the spa is surrounded by green gardens and calming views of the Atlantic Ocean. Valet parking is $9 with validation, or you can try to sneak into a metered space along Collins Avenue.
The vibe: Wooden carvings, plush pillows, modern lighting and candles evoke a Zen-like feel. The 5,000 square-foot spa houses four botanical-named treatment rooms, one couples suite (with a snazzy snail shower), and four outdoor tiki cabanas. The spa also has a HydroCapsule, a pod-like chamber in which you can receive more private treatments. The rooms have iPod docking stations in case New Age music isn’t your cup of tea. There’s also a cooling shower inside the steam room in the co-ed relaxation room.
The highlights: Spa guests are granted full access to the resort’s pool, beach, restaurant and bar facilities. Relish in a Fusion Stone Massage (50 minutes, $140), Chakraflexology (50 minutes, $110), Warm Oil Infusion Scalp Massage (15 minutes, $45) or Elemental Nature Facial (30 minutes, $75). Manicures ($25), pedicures ($35), hair care and make-up are also available to cover your needs from head to toe.
The sweet deal: Mention this article while booking a spa service of 50 minutes or longer and receive a free lunch (two courses, no alcoholic beverages) at The Palms’ new restaurant & lounge, Essensia. Promotion can't be combined with any other offer. Deal valid through July 29, 2010.
The Palms Spa at The Palms Hotel & Spa, 3025 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-534-0505. Hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. 7 days a week.
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Your Go-To Shopping Guide for Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- It's FINALLY here! Brickell City Centre Mall is Opening for Business
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Nordstrom Rack Opening a New South Florida Store!
- Sawgrass Mills Mall Announces More New Stores!
- Time to slay with your Halloween costume courtesy of these Miami shops
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game
- Hollywood Stars Love This Treatment. You Will Too