Spa fancy: The Changing Room
Take it all off, people. We're talking your hair.
By Elizabeth Stewart
The lowdown: The last time you can remember getting an affordable chop, “The Rachel” was all the rage. Make a visit to The Changing Room, a full service hair salon in North Miami Beach, to professionally upgrade your locks without the posh prices. And unlike some salons that are closed on Mondays or Sundays, this inviting spot is open seven days a week — closed just four days out of the year — making this “change” easy to schedule.
The 'hood: Tucked in the corner of an outdoor shopping center directly off Biscayne Blvd, the salon is located in the quieter, more “grown up,” confines of North Miami Beach. There is ample (and free!) parking throughout.
The vibe: Vibrant red walls and bright lighting along with comfy chairs and friendly “salon chatter,” make for an appealing no-frills environment.
The highlights: A winning starting lineup. Each customer, no matter which stylist they choose, is in good hands as the salon prides itself on maintaining a highly skilled team. “We are a family here, and train every staff member from the ground up,” states Owner Justin Gold. “Some of our stylists have been here for decades.” The Changing Room offers a full menu of affordable services for both men and woman. Indulge in an invigorating facial (30 min, $55) professional cut and style ($40), deep heat conditioning treatment ($15-$25) as well as manicures ($17), pedicures ($33) and full make-up application ($50). “Even though there is a recession, that doesn’t mean people still don’t want to look and feel beautiful,” Gold adds.
The sweet deal: Mention this story and receive $75 off Keratin Treatment regularly $300 now only $225 through September 30th.
The Changing Room, 15931 Biscayne Blvd, North Miami Beach, 305.944.8821.
15931 Biscayne Blvd, North Miami Beach
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer
- Preserve your pretty in spite of Miami's hot summer sun
- Knock-Off Handbags are Aplenty in Miami — But the Real Deal is Always Better
- Prepare to be blown away! Blo Aventura Blow Dry Bar to Open
- Celebrities Love Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury. Find Out Why!
- 5 Summer Skin Tips from Miami’s Best-Kept Secret — Dr. Leonard Tachmes
- 9 favorite looks from Sunday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 favorite looks from Saturday's Miami Swim Week shows