Spa fancy: The Center for Beautiful Skin
A special, and especially awesome, discount just for Miami.com readers -- that means you!
By Katherine Wexler
The lowdown: With its slate-tiled floor, soaring ceilings, dark wood finishes and bamboo accents, The Center for Beautiful Skin is a sumptuous place to while away the hours. Shannon Barrett sold her spa in White Plains, N.Y., and three months ago opened The Center, a 5,000-square-foot retreat. Facialists get ongoing training at the International Dermal Institute on Brickell Avenue, and the spa offers unusual options like LED (light therapy to reduce pigmentation) and Microcurrent (electric currents to stimulate facial muscles that appear to temporarily lift the face). There's a locker room, relaxation room, cosmetics area, pedicure/manicure room, hair stylist and six treatment rooms. Another room houses a well-edited selection of soft, roomy Cosabella dresses and lacy under things.
The vibe: Quietly grand, Asian-influenced, restful. Dove chocolates are placed on microfiber robes. Raw almonds and cranberries are at the ready for the hungry, pomegranate tea and San Pellegrino for the parched.
The highlights: Facials for all types of ailments, including redness, acne, uneven pigmentation, sagging and dryness; $175 for 90 minutes. A Serious Facial by Tatum is a customized treatment by the spa's star facialist, an instructor of Dermalogica treatments. It includes mapping the face for targeted treatments and a bevy of applied products, $500 for up to three hours.
2911 Grand Ave., Ste 400A, Coconut Grove; 305-403-1562; CenterForBeautifulSkin.com
- Summer Fun 2016: Your Guide to Men’s and Women’s Summer-Centric Shopping Haunts in Miami
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New 90-Minute Barry's Bootcamp Class
- H&M Aventura Is Getting a Facelift
- 5 Facts about The Falls Shopping Mall
- 5 Facts About Town Center at Boca Raton
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 Mother's Day gifts that tell mommy she is your dearest
- 6 Can't Miss Shops on Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- 7 Ways to Eat Your Way To A Sexy Body