Spa fancy: Sugarbubble
Dirty bikini wax? Nail fungus? Ew. This spa is cleaning up the beauty act.
By Katherine Wexler
The lowdown: Registered nurse Leni Benitez, who obsessively oversees the hygiene, opened the tiny spa two years ago, and it has garnered a small cult following among those serious about the health of their nails and the quality of their facial products. Benitez installed special pumps to remove water from her pedicure sinks, uses hospital-grade sterilized tools and forbids her spa therapists to double-dip the wooden spatulas when applying hot wax. All this because she once got a nasty rash from a contaminated wax job. But that's another story. Manicures, microdermabrasion and masks all involve high-quality, organic products.
The vibe: The tools are antiseptic, but the environment isn't.
The highlights: Milk & Honey Pedicure so sweet you might want to dip your finger in the brew, $40; Organic Facial with living ingredients in the goat's milk yogurt, $90 and up; Sugarbubble Bombshell, a 90-minute luxe treatment tailored to your needs, including facials with deep extractions and microdermabrasion, foot massage, eyebrow shaping or waxing -- you name it -- $150.
165 NE 96th St., Miami Shores; 305-751-3622; thesugarbubble.com
- Stretch Zone Mixes Up the Fitness Game
- Sawgrass Mills Welcomes New Stores
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Style Saves Hosts Art Heist
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Saks Debuts its Mobile Fashion Van
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District
- Mother's Day Gift Guide 2015
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach