Spa fancy: Spa Chakra
Whether it inspires meditation or just total, noodly relaxation, Spa Chakra will have you feeling zen-tastic.
By Kathryn Wexler
The lowdown: Spa Chakra opened on the 24th floor of the Conrad Hotel in November, catering largely to the business crowd. Guerlain products are used exclusively. There are 10 treatment rooms, two of which are adjoining for larger parties or semi-separate couples treatments. Clients choose a Guerlain fragrance to be added to treatments.
There are wonderful pluses to booking a one-hour treatment: Use of the small gym, and the rooftop tennis courts and pool, skyscrapers a delightful backdrop. For a few hours on Tuesday and Thursdays, a masseuse gives poolside back massages -- free. All prices include taxes, tips and valet or garage parking.
The vibe: Beige, simple, uncluttered. It's unusual to walk into a treatment room and see virtually nothing on the countertops. Spa manager Charlotte Prescott says that's the point: zero distractions. "Our philosophy is that your experience is your treatment," she said. "We have a lot of business clients and they want to leave everything behind."
The highlights: Men's Invigorating Break includes a vigorous massage, facial exfoliation and eye treatment to reduce visible fatigue, one hour for $165. Purifying Back Therapy involves a deep steam cleansing, exfoliation, extractions, mask and hydrating treatment, one hour for $165. Spa Facial features a facial massage, deep cleansing, eyebrow shaping, eyelash and eyebrow tinting, exfoliation, paraffin hand treatment, pore extractions, 90 minutes for $250. All services come with a complimentary 15-minute foot bath and treatment.
- Summer Fun 2016: Your Guide to Men’s and Women’s Summer-Centric Shopping Haunts in Miami
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New 90-Minute Barry's Bootcamp Class
- H&M Aventura Is Getting a Facelift
- 5 Facts about The Falls Shopping Mall
- 5 Facts About Town Center at Boca Raton
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 Mother's Day gifts that tell mommy she is your dearest
- 6 Can't Miss Shops on Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- 7 Ways to Eat Your Way To A Sexy Body