Spa fancy: Spa Atlantic
This spot allows Miamians to shed their stilettos and embrace barefoot luxury with an intensely down to earth experience.
By Elizabeth Stewart
The lowdown: Located in the boutique Atlantic Hotel, the 10,000-square-foot Spa Atlantic allows Miamians to shed their stilettos and embrace barefoot luxury with an intensely down to earth experience.
The 'hood: Situated on the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale, the Atlantic Hotel is just a few blocks down from Las Olas making it a close walk to the trendy strip. Once inside the lobby, take an elevator ride up to the fifth floor Ocean Terrace where the spa’s glass door entrance and Atlantic Ocean views await.
The vibe: Holistic sanctuary. With the designated “his and “her” wings, complete with dimly lit rooms and aromatherapy candles throughout. The spot comes equipped with various relaxation rooms, as well as a separate area for Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms.
The highlights: Spa Atlantic offers Mini-Journeys, a smaller and more affordable option rooted from its signature Journeys. Each treatment utilizes unique spices from its specific country of origin, and is themed around a certain element such as earth, wind, fire and air. Destinations include Arabia (Earth/Embrace – utilizing coconut particles), India – (Fire/Replenish –utilizing rice exfoliates), the Mediterranean (Water/Release – utilizing olive seeds), and the Orient (Air/Breathe – utilizing Mother of Pearl).
Journeys can be taken round trip (including a welcoming ritual with herbal tea, body scrub, foot bath, and massage; two and a half hours, $280) or one way (body scrubs, body treatments, massages and facials - 25 minutes, $75; ritual baths – 25 minutes, $40; welcoming ritual – 25 minutes, $20.). There are several options for those looking to keep it local including The “me time” Bath Ritual (25 minutes, $50) pairing either lavender, rosemary or seaweed with bath salts, candle light, and even a little mood music, and Marie Antoinette (110 minutes, single $245, couples $470) for those who want to be coated with chocolate sherbet, marshmallow and a skin-smoothing milk and honey icing for a truly decadent “treat”-ment.
The sweet deal: Mention this story and receive 20 percent off any treatment through June 30, 2009 as well as complimentary parking.
Spa Atlantic, The Atlantic Hotel, 601 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, 954-567-8085.
- Nine places to shop in Coconut Grove that captures the neighborhood’s personality
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Coral Gables native and Miami-based designer Alexis Barbara Isaias shares her local musts.
- 5 More Reasons Shopping at The Falls in Miami Just Got More Fabulous
- Dolphin Mall Shopping Guide
- Not Just for Art--the Best of Wynwood's Indie Boutiques
- Dive Into Summer with Clinique's Pop-Up Truck
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- 6 Can’t Miss Miami Spa Month Retreats
- 5 Reasons Miami Spa Month is The Best