Spa Fancy: Spa & Wellness Garden at the Betsy
Listen up! Buddha says, "Head to the Spa & Wellness Garden at the Betsy's rooftop for Zen."
The lowdown: Billed as Miami’s first completely outdoor spa (for better or worse — refreshing ocean breezes and calming waves are accompanied by sporadic rain and the sweet sounds of Ocean Drive spring breakers), the Spa & Wellness Garden at the Betsy dances four floors above Ocean Drive. The bamboo “Zen-inspired sanctuary” is dotted with private outdoor showers, canvas-covered chaise lounges and breezy linen-curtained cabanas. All treatments begin with a mimosa and lavender footbath and use organic food & plant products — think sugar plum Swedish massage and coconut hot towel facial.
The ‘hood: Located on 14th & Ocean, the Betsy is in the midst of South Beach in all its glory – beachfront breezes, top-notch people watching and tourists aplenty. Highbrow NY import BLT Steak dominates the lobby while the spa’s soothing serenity takes the fourth (and final) floor. Treatments are performed in hotel suites in the event of inclement weather.
The vibe: Eco-chic. Breezy linens, earthy bamboo and organic products creative a definitive green vibe while the small spaces make the roof feel like your own private cabana.
The highlights: A deep tissue Mandarin Moment massage uses citrus fruit, eucalyptus oil and deep pressure to relieve sore muscles, increase range of motion and “enhance harmony of body and mind.” Bottom line — it’ll knead your body into happy submission.
The sweet deal: Mention this article and receive 20 percent off any body treatment or free manicure with a facial. Valid until April 30, 2010.
Spa & Wellness Garden at the Betsy
1440 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach
- How To Black Friday and Cyber Monday Like a Boss
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Your Go-To Shopping Guide for Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- It's FINALLY here! Brickell City Centre Mall is Opening for Business
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Nordstrom Rack Opening a New South Florida Store!
- Sawgrass Mills Mall Announces More New Stores!
- Time to slay with your Halloween costume courtesy of these Miami shops
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game