Spa Fancy: Spa 101
Bali meets South Beach for a down-to-earth experience.
By Maria Tettamanti
The lowdown: Most folks flock to Bali to get away from it all. Not Spa 101 owners Iris and Patrick Van de Coevering. The married couple moved from Bali to Miami two years ago and recently opened Spa 101 on South Beach. “I wanted to bring Miami the essence of the Asian spa experience that I was fortunate enough to discover during my time operating a spa in Bali,” Iris says.
The hood: Located on the fourth floor of the Hilton Bentley Hotel, Spa 101 is situated on the tip of South Beach. The friendly facility and its surrounding outdoor lounge areas overlook the ocean and stretches of sand.
The vibe: Think Miami-meets-Bali. The homey retreat is outfitted with contemporary furniture mixed with Asian accents. “I kept the ambiance down to earth and unpretentious — I want visitors to feel welcomed,” Iris says. Inside, the spa houses two intimate treatment rooms and outside boasts roomy chairs, cabana and Jacuzzi perfect for unwinding.
The highlights: Iris performs many services herself and handpicked each of her staff members. Using Hungary’s all-natural Eminence Skin Care for services, each treatment is garnished with fruity and fragrant concoctions. The spa’s menu is kept plain and simple with services ranging from $25 for a manicure and scrub with massage to $100 for a facelift massage using lymphatic drainage and microcurrent technologies to clean and tighten skin. Iris adds, “Massage is at the root of every treatment, just like in Bali.” Ah, take us away.
Mention this article while booking any massage during the month of March and get a complimentary 15-minute facelift facial.
Spa 101 at the Hilton Bentley Hotel, 101 Ocean Drive, Fourth Floor, Miami Beach; (786) 879-5433.
Been pampered here? Leave a review!
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Prepare to be blown away! Blo Aventura Blow Dry Bar to Open
- 5 Summer Skin Tips from Miami’s Best-Kept Secret — Dr. Leonard Tachmes
- 5 Miami Spa Treatments to Bring You Back to Life
- 6 Can’t Miss Miami Spa Month Retreats
- 5 Reasons Miami Spa Month is The Best
- Give Mom the Gift of Spa & Staycations this Mother's Day
- Spa Week is Ba-ack! Score $50 Treatments
- Meet Celebrity Hair Stylist Sheenon Olson
- 7 Things You Need to Know About Warren-Tricomi Studio